Monday, April 5, 2010

The month of March...and a little of April


Most photos I take of the girls are more along the lines of the photo above. It takes a lot of patience to get one like the photo below, but it sure is worth it when I can make it happen.


Easter Sunday was pretty low key for us. We had a thick layer of snow on the ground and this was the first year we haven't spent it with my family. Instead we had Ryan's sister Julie staying with us so it was a great reason to mix things up as far as traditions go. We still stuck with receiving Easter baskets (Ryan and myself included) and an Easter egg hunt and also the coloring of the eggs and a yummy dinner.






The girls have both been sick lately but I have been so proud of them, especially Lydia, for not even skipping a beat and both keeping such happy dispositions.





Ryan's parents and his sister and niece came to stay with us for the weekend and it is always such a special treat when we get to see them and host them in our home. They adore the girls and are such doting grandparents and such great company.



Emma was in heaven when I watched my friend's little boy Canyon. He is nearly two years older than her but she did let me know that she wants to marry him. Heaven help me! Actually, I think it's cute. Heaven help Ryan though, he's not ready, nor will he ever be, to hear his little girl talk that way.



St. Patty's day we had our green french toast with green syrup and Emma was quite delighted with her new green shirt. We left mushrooms out for the leprechauns the night before and enjoyed the plate of gold (rolos) they left for us in exchange.










Finally going back to Emma's birthday (March 1st, a month ago) we went out as a family to Texas Roadhouse and she thought it was pretty sweet to sit on the saddle and join the girls in the line dancing. We're so thankful for what a good natured little girl Emma is. I asked her what she is most looking forward to this year and she said a Daddy Daughter date to go hiking. What a champ!











7 comments:

Jord said...

Cute girls and yea for comments! I am glad you allowed them back on as it is a good way to keep in touch. Your girls are adorable and I love the matching clothes.

Kylee said...

I loved this post, but I think I already commented on it on your facebook. In reply to your comment, I only said the harry potter picture was for my mom because when I was talking to her I said I had a surprise picture for her and that was it, so I was just pointing it out to her. Oh and I did finally figure out how to make it so you can click on my pictures. Apparently, if you copy and paste/drag pictures once you upload them (which I ALWAYS do) it takes away the link to make it bigger. Anyway, I can't wait to talk to you on skype and see you and your darling girls!

Annie said...

Comments? Really. Fine, I'll be the first. Enjoyed seeing whatsup. Can't wait to see more of the Easter photo shoot.

Lee said...

Those activities look so fun. Your photo shoot of the girls was darling. I"m glad you had fun w/ Ryan's family. They had to be in heaven spending time w/ the girls :)

Vonnie said...

Great photos Lindsey! I love to keep up with you this way. Oh, and thanks for putting your comments back on!

Shannon Allen said...

I must say I am glad you allow comments every once in a while! Lin, your girls are so darling! I love the pics of Lydia peeking outside at the kids. Great Easter Photo shoot and beautiful family!

Stacey said...

Looks like it's busy and fun. I miss the days of little children on MY schedule and time lines....now I'm on theirs. Two sick kids this week missing school on different days. Cramps my style...but they help with Brody and don't like the fact I make them take naps if they are too sick for school. The girls looked decked out as always... I say that in a loving way too!