Wednesday, October 16, 2013

August

 No wonder I am months behind on my blog.  I just added 55 photos...55!!  That's because every memory is just as good as the next.  August was literally NONSTOP for us.  What an amazing month!

We started with a summer trip to Midway, Utah. 

 We stayed at a condo at our favorite hotel, Zermatt.  It was the Petersen's (complete with Cody,) my parents, and our little family.  The kids were in heaven!!
 We had dance parties, swam multiple times a day, and really enjoyed the town and various attractions it had.
 The photo on the bottom right is a circular road that leads up to a memorial.  The kids loved biking down the road on their bikes (pictured below.)  Also, it just happened to be the county fair weekend, so we all lined up as suckers do and blew some cash on rides for the kids and cotton candy, but the cotton candy was money well spent.

I have never in my life seen a photo with two cuter creatures than the one below.  I love this photo, one, because I want to steal that puppy.  Two, because I consider Lydia to still be in the puppy stage of life, so this photo just tugs at my heart strings. 

 We had a fantastic RZR ride up and over the Unitahs.  To say it was beautiful is an understatement.  Then we went to Strawberry Reservoir where we stayed for a picnic and some rock tossing.
 After 4 VERY eventful days we left Midway and headed straight to the airport to pick up our niece from Portland, Kendyl.  Lydia couldn't even stay awake for the thirty minute card ride.  The girls are thrilled to have a "K" cousin staying with us for two whole weeks!
 First stop, Temple Square.  She had never been, so she got the full tour, and I mean FULL.  We had over an hour tour spent in the conference center, Ryan and I found it fascinating...the girls, weeeellllll, they were good sports.

 The girls all slept the whole way home.  Church history really takes it out of you ;)
 For the next two weeks we jam packed as many adventures as we could to show Kendyl a good time.  We enjoyed lots of bike rides up in North Logan and around the Utah State Campus. We went to the cemetery to see the "Weeping Lady" and to see if her tears were real, despite how much we tried to convince Lydia that nothing was scary, she still found her way to our bed that night. 
 The Caspersons were also visiting for their summer trip so we had a lot of "mixed" activities.  One of which was an amazing trip down the Onieda Narrows river.  The kids all loved it and were so brave!  I can't believe we haven't done this with her sooner. 

I worked a few nights so Ryan was great to take the girls out on various adventures.

On to Lagoon.  We finally decided to take Lydia with us and show her what it was all about.  She was in HEAVEN!  It was so fun having Jessica join us as well.  Between Jessie, Kendyl and I, we were all able to take turns going on the fun rides while making sure the little girls had fun on the kiddie rides.  We also brought Milly along so the girls could have more cousin time together. 






 After walking straight on to all the rides we were ready to spend some serious time at the water park, one of my most favorite aspects of Lagoon. 

 I'm sad I didn't get any photos of  Spencer's baptism, but here is one of the little girls afterwards.

Annie took the girls one day to have a "tea party" of sorts with a lunch date at their most favorite place ever....Chuck-a-rama.

 We had a fantastic day at Bear Lake, minus the point where Lydia got lost and we were all BAWLING our eyes out.  It ended on a very humble and spiritual note that brought our family closer together, so at least that's something.
 After two weeks of hikes, parks, movies, parties, drive-ins, adventures, eating out, bikes rides, swimming, and shopping, we finally had to return Kendyl back to the rainy land in which she came from.  It was so great having the chance to get to know her better and to further that bond that the girls have with their Bundy family.
 Other highlights from the summer were an ice-blocking day with the Activity girls.
 A personal letter sent in the real, live, old fashioned mail box from the girl's aunt Kylee with a picture and letter just for them.  It was like Christmas.
 A trip to Spoon Me in Ogden, I miss it dearly.
 Okay, you may think it's time to wrap summer up now that school is beginning, but nope, school is just another adventure in our continued summer events.  We start the night before school with a Father's Blessings.  It ends with Emma and Ryan both sobbing into each other's arms confessing their undying love for one another.  This whole experience that happens every school year is truly one of my most favorite moments as a wife and mother, which is odd, because it really has nothing to do with me.
 The next morning we get up early and make Emma her absolute most favorite breakfast, then serve it to her in bed.
 Then we paint her nails, do hair, dress up, and head off to start the best school year she's ever had (we say that every year.)
 Well, on day two of the new school year Ryan and I farmed the girls out and joined my mom for a whole day of learning at the BYU campus for education week.  We didn't learn about calculus or American History, but the things that were personally inspiring to our hearts and souls are absolutely priceless.  I vowed to myself to make some changes.  I was at a class called woman, wife, mother.  I wanted to put my face in my hands and sob my eyes out.  I was truly inspired to how I personally can master it all, and I have put that into practice, and the difference in my life is remarkable.  I am so thankful for my devoted parents who gave Ryan and I the push we needed to make this day happen.
 After our education day my dad picked the girls up and met us in SLC and we all stayed the night and got a hotel.  We walked down to the Gateway for some great food and enjoyed the city, simple as it may be, it is technically a city, and that's enough for me. 
 The next morning Emma and I got up to do our first 5k color run.  It was THE best!  You start out clean and white.....

 .....then along the way you get all colorful....
 ....and you end up like this.

 I have had some priceless moments as a mother, this experience with Emma was definitely one of them.  Emma just has color and life pouring out of her.  She literally lights up a room and fills this family and home with so much happiness and GOODNESS.  There was one point when we were running and it was a temporary down pour, a lot of people hurried and put their jackets over the heads or ran under trees, but we just kept running, with our arms stretched out and splashed and danced our way down the course.  This was JOY.  I couldn't ask for a better friend to celebrate life and health with than this little girl of mine. 
 Ryan and Lydia waiting at the finish line, Lydia was very concerned about getting dirty, she was NOT interested in having chalk thrown on her.
 I just have to say how much I appreciate my VERY supportive parents.  They have always encouraged us as little girls to be active and to push ourselves and to live a healthy life.  I am so thankful for their support in this weekend and being there to give my girls the same encouragement they gave me in my youth.
 After our very yummy breakfast at the hotel we all headed up Big Cotton Wood canyon for a beautiful hike.  This was an amazing weekend that I had been looking forward to all summer, and it was even better than I had hoped.

Emma loves biking to school in the morning.
 Although school is in, we didn't stop swimming and soaking up the sun.  Here the girls are at my parent's pool while my mom let them fuel up on chips and cookies.  What are grandparents for if not to bend the rules?
 Ryan and the girls.  What can I say?  They ADORE their dad.  Every night after we have family prayer we end it with our family cheer, which then has to be ended with a tickle fight between Ryan and the girls.  It's tiny little 5 minute blocks of time like this that I know the girls will always remember. 
 Speaking of Ryan and the girls, here's something strange and creepy for you.  Ummmm, the three of them have a pet spider.  Say whaaaaaaat?  Yes, it's true.  This is a cat spider, lives outside our back patio door.  He's actually pretty awesome and keeps the bugs out of our house, stays in the same spot every night, and he's not poisonous.  Well, every night Ryan and the girls would go outside, catch a couple moths, then throw them on the web, and watch "Spidey" spin the moth up and eat him, then retire back to his corner for the night.  Yeah.  Creepy.  However, it's been a highlight for those three and an activity they are all very proud of.

 Before the pool closed for the summer we went one last time after school one day.  We had the place to ourselves, it was awesome.  Emma finally got the courage to go down the straight slide, and clearly Lydia was thrilled to stick with the twisty slide.
 Dave's Killer bread + avocado + garden tomatoes = YUM A TUM TUM!
 Yep, summer still on.  We let Emma skip a day of school so we could go to Bear Lake for a weekend and have the place to ourselves.  Talk about perfect way to end the summer. 


 Meanwhile, I am LOVING having this little sweetheart to myself.  She loves to go to the mall and ride the little rocket ship, and she also loves to pose by that pillar at our house.  I can't believe this is my last year having her home with me.  I don't know what I'll do without my constant little shadow. 

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, that WAS a lot of pictures but man oh man.. I loved every single one!! Your Midway trip looked absolutely amazing- everything about it! But especially that puppy and Lydia. Cutest little things ever!! You sure did show Kendyl a good time and I'm glad I got to be there for a split second of it. Lagoon was so much fun and I'm glad I went with you guys. The water park was awesome and I can't believe that that was my first time to do it! It won't be the last. I'm sad that I haven't done the Onieda Narrows yet. Can we make it happen next year?? I thought those jet ski rafts were real for a second! haha those are awesome. I still have nightmares of Lydia being lost.. :( That is awesome that Kylee sent the girls letters, but she is making me look bad. I guess I need to step up my game now! That picture of Emma and Ryan after the blessing is priceless and I love how much you do to make the first day of school such a special day. The color run looks so fun, I want to do it one day. In the picture of Emma riding her bike to school- isn't that bike way too big for that boy? haha maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but it looks huge compared to him! I can't even talk about Ryan and the girl's pet spider...... seriously disgusting! I love the picture of Lydia going down the slide at the Logan pool, so cute! You said some very sweet words about Emma and Lydia and I couldn't agree more. They are the BEST!! OK, phew I think I'm done.. ;)

Brittney Wimmer said...

Oh man, I had to take notes (literally) so I could cover all the good stuff in this post! First of all, your little getaway to Midway looked gorg. That is a great little pic of the crater! Did you take that? I LOVED the weeping lady. Truly. I love that you took your girls to do that knowing fair well that Lydia would probably be scared but you went any way. Don't get me wrong, there is a limit but we have friends who DONT DO ANYTHING because their little girl is slightly timid. This also reminds me of when I went with Sailor to the corn maze for her field trip and I was telling all the kids to watch for goblins in the corn and all the other parents were giving me the evil eye! It's HALLOWEEN for Heaven's sake! On to Lagoon! Goodness almighty I haven't been there for FAR too long! What a blast! We might have to put that in our summer plans next year with the Bundy's! Onto tender moments. First of all, loosing Lydia at Bear Lake. I'll have to hear the detailed story sometime. I love how you finished it with classic Lindsey words, "at least that's something." Way to find the possitive in a freakin scary situation. So glad she's ok! First day of school father's blessing. What a tender moment to capture on film. Seriously that pic will be such a treasure. My dad always gave me a blessing the night before too and it's something I will always remember. Super jealous that you got to attend education week. Sounds like it was amazing. You may have to share a few of your favorite things with me. You're already such an amazing mother and wife and can't imagine how you've become better! TOTALLY wish I could have done the color run with you! We've had a few here in Fresno but they're always on Sundays! What a great memory for you and Emma. And finally, the spider pet! How awesome is that! Only the Bundy's! The coolest family I know! I also love that you are willing to take Emma out of school once in a while to do something super fun! Family memories are WAY more important! Just livin the life, Linds! We miss you guys, and I miss those two girls like crazy. They are so great and so beautiful! I think we should keep on stretching summer all the way to Vegas!

Annie said...

Wondering if leaving a comment here is more in line with writing a term paper! Just want to say I loved living your fabulous month with you and your wonderful family! No notes required :)

Kylee said...

I too, LOVE this post and had to take notes as well. The Midway trip looks awesome. Especially the circular road and the puppy & Lydia. I love all the pictures at Temple Square. Lagoon looks like a blast! It's been SOOOO long since I've been there. Ice blocking!! I used to love that. I wonder if it would be fun as an adult. I'm glad the girls liked those pictures. It really wasn't a big deal, but I guess it is to the little ones. The green stuff in your spoon me looks like broccoli, though I'm sure it's not. That picture of Emma and Bundy is sooooo precious! Almost makes me tear up. She looks adorable on her first day! LOVE the color run, it looks like a blast! I hate that spider, I can't even look at the picture. The last picture of Lydia is adorable. You guys seriously made the very most out of your summer. And that's the way it should be!

Lee said...

What? I haven't commented on this post yet? I read it on my ipad and never want to comment on that and then I forget. This comment will be of the term paper variety :) This month was so full of fun! I can't believe how much of it- and pictures there was. Midway is so beautiful! I want to go there next summer. That white puppy is THE cutest puppy ever! Oh man- even I would be tempted to own him. I love the pict of Lydia sleeping in the car with piggy. The temple square adventure and pictures were awesome. What a great memory that was. You did so many fun things w/ Kendyl. What a lucky girl! I loved the bike riding around USU and the weeping lady at the cemetery and joining you for that. I really want to go to Onieda next year. The baptism pict of your girls and Millie is so sweet and innocent. Bear Lake looks so huge- almost like an ocean! I love it there. I wish it was a tiny big closer. The father's blessing picture-- oh man- what I wouldn't give to own a pict of that of my kids and Mike. So precious. The tradition of serving school kids breakfast in bed is a great one! I wish I had thought of that. But do you have Waffle Wednesday and French Toast Friday?? I also love that you take a picture in the same place on the first day of school and the last day. Let's be sure and keep ALL these traditions up for each child for each year of school. . . I'll be watching. I love the copy cat picture in SLC of the statue with the boy on top. That's so cute and clever. The color run- what a great memory. So funny that princess Lydia wanted to stay as far away from the chaos as possible. That spider- are you kidding me? That's a for real story? Oh man- Ryan doesn't need a boy when he has girls willing to do that with him. Love that Emma can ride her bike to school. I loved that my kids could do that too. That's a memory I always wanted for myself but only got a couple times on the last day of school. That sandwich on the Killer Dave's bread looks divine. And Lydia on the first day of preschool- so her. I just love that photo. I guess that's all I have. Are you still with me? Haha. Great job on making wonderful memories for your little fam.