Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Visit From Julie


Texas Roadhouse

Glow-in-the-dark Mini Golf





So the tickets for The Christmas Program of the Spoken Word are long gone. That goal won't be completed. So when Julie came to visit my mom kept Emma for us and we went down to Salt Lake to catch the Spoken Word. I'm glad we went because I am counting it as completing one of my goals, but I have to admit it's not as fun when you don't know the songs they're singing. But in light of all the hits the church and it's members are taking it was nice to be on Temple Square again and sit in the Tabernacle and just think of the early Pioneers and what we have learned from them and what we still can learn from them. In the below picture we all look really sleepy, the Spoken Word requires some early preparation to make it there on time. I, however, look kind of like a deer in the head lights.



My sister-in-law Julie flew down from Portland this last weekend to stay with us. It just means so much when family or friends take a special trip just to see us. I miss those days when I used to go see my sister Stacey. Anyway we had a really fun packed weekend. I didn't take a ton of pictures but our activities included....
Shopping and lunch at the Gateway, just Julie and I :)
Rock Band
Gym Classes
Hot tubbing
Brunch at Market Street Grill
Naps
Glow in the dark mini golf
Nachos Dolce at Javier's
Popcorn and movies
Real Deals
Texas Roadhouse
Shopping in Ogden, again just Julie and I :)
and my favorite was staying up late laying in our bed just talking

I'm so glad you came Julie, thanks for the special trip out to see us!

2 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

She is so pretty. You did look like a deer, but it was a pretty deer.

Lee said...

That is a fun time just one-on-one. Does she miss living in Utah?