Thursday, July 16, 2009

Busy and loving it!


















Ever since Lydia popped out we have had one fun family activity after another. Unfortunately I have poorly documented our summer events and don't have great photos, but here's a small collection of the ones I have taken. This picture above is of my mom's 60th birthday celebration. Her favorite color is green and so although we celebrated on July 4th she outdid herself in keeping with a green theme. I hope I look half as good as she does when I'm 60.
























An old friend of mine made this cake for my mom's birthday. Could it be any cuter? Seriously. Cheri has a local business in Kaysville and will custom make any cake you need. Oh, and I must mention that this was without a doubt the yummiest cake I've ever had. I'm still thinking about it. I'm already planning the cake I want to have for Lydia's first birthday :) Check out Cheri's "Simple Sweet Cakes" here if you would like .
http://simplysweet-cakes.blogspot.com/

















I come from a big family where extended family is a huge part of our lives. So we celebrated the 4th with 45 family members, filled with yummy food and lots of games.




















One of the games was a fear factor game where you have to run up to a bag and blindly pick something out and then you HAVE to eat it. I picked a marshmallow and toffee, but others picked clams, mayonnaise and raw sausage. I'm not sure what Kylee drew from the bag in the picture below, but she sure wasn't pumped about eating it.































In continuation with my mom's birthday we all went to Bear Lake and stayed at her cousin's cabin. It was fun to have all of us together. It doesn't happen very often but it just warms my heart to see Emma playing with her cousins.







































My sister Stacey and her family come to Utah once a summer and we always try to do so much with them. My aunt Lee had a BBQ party the day before they left and so we went up to Logan and enjoyed a yummy meal and great games and visiting before they had to head back to the northwest.


























Notice who is holding Lydia. That's the "baby whisperer," Jessica. She had Lydia the whole night. Although I missed snuggling Lydia, it sure was nice to give my back a break. Thanks again Lee for having us up. It was so nice to see the Lakes one last time and to catch up with everybody else.

Ryan celebrated his 28th birthday last Saturday. We went to Red Robin with Kylee and Brody while Jessica watched both of our girls. Then we met up with some friends afterwards for a night game of glow in the dark ultimate frisbee. It was so nice to get out of the house and have an actual date again. Hopefully we won't have to wait until my birthday before that happens again.



















So after recovering from all of our activities I find myself enjoying a good nap every day. And nothing is as relaxing as sleeping with a snugly, squeaky little baby on your chest.
























Everybody keeps asking how Emma is doing and I must say that she is a champ. She tells me everyday how happy she is to have a baby sister. She fetches me anything I ask her to and is always saying how beautiful and sweet Lydia is. She still takes a nap every day which is sooo nice since I take a nap every day. Emma has quickly caught on that I have really become more relaxed with letting her get away with things as long as it keeps her busy. This above picture is sidewalk chalk gone bad, but today was cleaning day, and I was just happy to keep her entertained.

So all is well in our house. We're busy, but loving every minute of it.















8 comments:

Annie said...

Nice update. I wish I hadn't put those pink ruffles on the cake. Stupid. Stupid. But you are right, that was one tasty cake.
Loved the chalk escapade!

Stanford Family said...

Love the picture of Lydia on your chest while you sleep. I miss that so much. I always try to get Kamden to cuddle and sleep with me, but he wants nothing to do with it. I miss the newborn stage.

Lee said...

Great recap on all the recent fun activities. Loved all your picts, and your reference to Jessica as the baby whisperer. Funny.

Kylee said...

That was an oyster I had to eat and I'm not really okay with sea food in general so I was glad the game ended a few seconds later and I didn't have to eat it!! Again, I'm glad we got to be a part of so many of your activities and again, we're sure going to miss you guys a lot!

Valerie: said...

i love that picture of your mom's b-day cake. Who made it? Looks like you are all adjusting well to the new babe. I love all that hair she has. You are looking good.

Vonnie said...

Good to hear that things are going well with the new baby Lydia and that your summer is a fun one.

Shannon Allen said...

Happy Birthday to your mama! She is the best and makes 60 so glam! I love your update and sounds like two haven't slowed you down too much. Emma's little swimsuit is darling and so is all the blue chalk! You, by the way, look fantastic too!

Mikael said...

I miss that moment of falling asleep with a baby on my chest. I feel like the twins jipped me out of moments like that. Hopefully next baby will only be ONE baby and at a time I can really enjoy it!