Thursday, July 23, 2009

one month


















My little girl is a month old today!! I am sooooo sad how fast that time flew by. I have loved every minute of it, even the ones that take place frequently in the middle of the night. I couldn't ask for a better big sister than Emma. She has been soooo helpful and she just adores Lydia.





















I took these photos with the green background today on her actual month birthday. The other pictures have been taken throughout the last month.


















Lydia is one sleepy little girl, I think she sleeps more than most babies. She has slept up to seven hours before, but sadly it all takes place during the day. Here are a few things we have discovered about our little girl...

we call her Miss Piggy, cause she does have a little piggy nose. Also she is a major snorter. Mostly she snorts in her sleep, but even when she is awake she does funny snorts and squeaks.

She is content to just hang out and not have to be held all the time, but she does like to have company in the room with her. She'll cry out if she's lonely but stop crying as soon as someone comes in the room with her.

She doesn't love the dark. She sleeps well in the dark, but when she is awake she likes to be able to see her surroundings.

When she is sleepy she gets "very angry" until she can get comfortable. Getting comfortable involves being snuggled up close to you with your hand and a blanket over her face.

She adores Emma and has given up a smile for her and even for Ryan, but none for me yet. I'm questioning if she really smiled for them, but they both say she did. I'm a little bitter about not getting my smile yet, but I have no problem bribing her to like me best once she's older.





















Lydia is named after my aunt DeNae who is just so important to me and who I just love dearly. My aunt DeNae and uncle Paul gave us their collection of lambs that they have been saving for over twenty years now. I am still so touched and honored to have the collection. This is one of the many lambs from the meaningful set.

















I have really learned from my mistakes with my pregnancy and infant stage with Emma. I only have 2 pictures of me and Emma when she was a baby, that's just wrong. Where as Ryan and Emma could fill a whole album. So this time I have made sure not to let that happen again. However, now Ryan and Lydia don't have any pictures. The last picture he took with her was in the hospital. Maybe by our third child we'll get this documenting thing down. Until then, I'm happy I've got with the program this time around.



















17 comments:

SaraPete said...

Wow, already she is taking on her own unique look, different from Emma! Is that sad that I haven't even held her yet?? I'm just so not into babies anymore. I wonder if that will ever happen to Jessica???

Annie said...

Precious. Keep up the documenting. There are never regrets over too many....just over too few.

Lee said...

so beautiful. The ones of you and her are precious and it looks like she's smiling to me- at you! I love that Emma is fulfilling her role as big sister so well.

Kylee said...

Those pictures are dang cute. I can't believe she is a month old either! I love that she squeaks even when she's awake, it's so cute! I love Lydia.

Valerie: said...

omg was it a month ago already you had her. Time does fly by doesn't it? I cant believe in only 4 months, London will be 1. That makes me want to cry. Her clothes are so cute and i love those pink shoes. Yes having an older child makes having a second one SO MUCH EASIER doesn't it.

Kami said...

Oh she is SOOOO cute, I just love her cute hair! You have the cutest girls ever

Jamie Jo said...

She is such a little doll. I like her nickname. Nicknames are the best. Some of my kids get called that more than their real names. How neat to get a lamb collection. That is very special. What a treasure. Time does fly once they are out of you. I'm glad you treasure this time so much. It's so brief, but so important. I sure love your little girls something fierce. And you look FANTASTIC!!! Very trim and lovely.

Matt said...

How come your babies are such great sleepers? Seriously unfair! She is so beautiful and you seriously look fantastic!

Shannon Allen said...

Um, I was logged in under Matt's account on my comment so this is really me although Matt agrees you look fantastic and that Lydia and Emma are beautiful!

tutus n bowties said...

I'm going to have to stop looking at your blog...it's making me baby hungry! I'm just not ready for that! To cute. I love the picture where you are kissing her check and she has a little smile on her face.

Jackie Greenwood said...

I can't believe Lydia is alread 1 month. You look great! Life sounds like it is going wonderful for you guys!!

The Plewe Clan said...

You are such a cute mom. I am so envious of your photography, adorable family and cute girls...you are a fabulous mom and just keep taking pictures!

Tracy said...

I can't believe all the hair! She is so cute!! Emma looks so content with her position as big sister. What a blessing to have a big sister/helper around. You will so grateful for her when/if number 3 rolls around. p.s. you look FABULOUS!! Congrats!!

Tracy said...

p.s.s. We'd love to have you guys come visit whenever you can! We have a room and bed ready for you and your cute family. We've been in the Bay Area now for almost 10 years and Jeff grew up here...so we would be your ultimate tour guides!

Stacey said...

Wow, is there even any more room for my comment? It'll be so fun to see who she grows into looking like over the next few months. She's adorable!

Anonymous said...

way cute pics Linds :) hope y'all are doing well! i probably won't run into you until Christmas Village but.. :P (haha) i just wanted to say congrats on a whole month! you have got some *adorable little girls! :)

Kade and Katie said...

had to check in on those adorable little girls! they are just too dang cute! all that hair lydia has...and i thought halle had hair, HA! you look so great. glad to hear mom of two is doing good. and i hear ya with the picture thing. i swear i am never remembered at any of the outings....i am always behind the camera. i'll have to work on that. cute, cute family you have!