Thursday, October 15, 2009

Recent Projects


I went to my Aunt Lee's last weekend and it was soooo nice to get things done. Lee and Jessica watched the girls while I finished multiple items on my craft list. Lydia's Cheshire costume, headbands, and this Halloween Banner that I am just tickled with. It's simple, cheap, and festive.



My friend Carrie gave me this idea for a potion shelf. I've had so much fun making it and Emma thinks all the potions are real. I used bottles we had around the house and items we had in our cupboards. Some of the potions are moon dust, bottled swamp fog, bat skeletons, and Emma's favorite is dead man's toes. Something fun and cheap, my two favorite combinations.





























BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES....
This was the play area before....

This is the play area now. I bought the doll house/book shelf on KSL for $15 and then made that SUPER cheap photo arrangement for less than $20. My mom was getting rid of those white decorations and I gladly took them off her hands.


When Kylee and Brody moved they didn't want to take this desk with them, so I gladly took it off their hands. Then I just bought cute scrap paper and had a piece of glass custom fit and voila! Perfect table for a little girl.




This was the family room before. I was so sick of looking at that keyboard/piano. I eventually want to take lessons and have the girls take lessons, but this just isn't the time. So my friend is borrowing it for a few years. I also needed something above that candle holder but never knew what, it was always rather empty.











AFTER..... My aunt Lee took that darling photo of Lydia so I recreated the same photo of Emma to match it. I LOVE how it turned out. Ryan thinks Emma looks like Little Foot, but I just love it of both the girls. Again, it cost me less than $10.


I'm not CRAZY about this new arrangement but it's something different which buys me some more time in this house. A fresh rearrangement goes a long way with me.















This was the BEFORE photo. I never loved that window there and I hated the color. I ended up painting it green and putting it in the nursery and now I love it there and love it green.








This is the AFTER. Much better.






























5 comments:

Lee said...

I love all your fall decorations, and your changes/arrangements. It's great to see now what you've just been telling me. Love the "little foot" pict- they're both darling- so cute to make Emma's the same. Now I'm wishing I'd done the potion's. . .

Kylee said...

Cute Linny! I love the potions idea. I need to be more creative with my Halloween decorations and you'd think I would be with all this time on my hands, but I just haven't. I love the new arrangements and pictures. I miss your house!

Stanford Family said...

So cute! I love your potion shelf and Emma's scrapbook table. Can you come decorate my house?

Jord said...

You have been busy Lindsey. It is good to see that there is life after a baby... and that you can still get things done!

Stacey said...

You screwed me again Costanza. LOVE the potions. Print me off some of those tags somtime and give em to me on a rainy day. Why is it that everyone else's holiday decor looks so much more fun than your own. I think Annie takes the cake for the Christmas excess! I saw her basement the day it all came down. Whoa, it was a lot!