Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Big News


#1 Big News....We sold our house!! It all happened so fast that I didn't even have time to make a post that we were thinking about selling our home. We listed our house two weeks ago from today and now we have an accepted offer and we have two weeks to move out!! I'm sure I'll do a post later about our life here, but for now I have to hustle it up and move on out. We will be moving to my parent's home in Liberty until it sells. My parents are selling their AZ home and their Liberty home and they've bought a dream house up in Paradise...that's really the name of the town, it's in Cache Valley. I'm not looking forward to the snow of the valley, but you get what you pay for...right? :) I don't know why anyone would be interested, but if you want to see pics of our house I had set up a photo blog for it. www.1287fowler.blogspot.com/


#2 Big News.... I have finally started my own photography business. My "website" isn't as fancy as the ones I adore, but it's a good starting point. I sure would appreciate some referrals to friends. It's not something I'm hoping to be too busy with, but it's a fun hobby.
#3 Big News.....Emma has started pre-school. This isn't big news to many other people, but it is to me. I am so happy for Emma to be making the transition into the more independent aspects of her childhood. I love watching her interact with other kids and what a confident little girl she has become. The pre-school is just two miles from my house and I love that the teacher only accepts an enrollment of 7 kids in a class. Although she talks NONSTOP, she is just sooo happy all the time that I can't complain, well I should say that I "shouldn't" complain. The above picture is her first day of school. The below pictures are her field trip to the Nature Center












Big News #4..... I sew now!! I've never sat down to a sewing machine until I made Lydia's costume. It lit a little fire in me. I'm definitely no pro yet, and my work is still a little sloppy, but I am loving this new outlet to express creativity. True, my Aunt Lee has had to assist me every step of the way, and there has been some embarrassing mistakes, but in the end, I must say the product is darling. I've made some fabric flower bows and also sewn two skirts for each of the girls. These skirts are the first ones I've ever made. I am tickled with how they turned out and I just love having two little girls back to back.






Okay, we're done with the Big News. Now we're just to the long over due updates. Lydia has passed through her colic stage!! Hallelujah! The above picture is how I felt around 11 pm. I could keep it together for most of the day, but by the time bed time rolled around and the crying was going strong, I was not amused. However, look at the picture below....who could not be crazy in love with that little face? Ryan and I often said "It's a good thing she's so cute...it makes the crying bearable."














This hot little number Emma has on is usually what she can be found in during the day. She considers those pajamas to be her Cinderella dress and her Easter Bonnet is her favorite accessory. I out this picture in here mainly for aunt Julie. If the silk pajamas are dirty then she substitutes them for a too small velvet leotard. Girls!





Back tracking to Halloween. We had another great year at Witches Night Out. I've been going with the same girls for three years now. The first year Tiffany was pregnant, the second year I was, this year Staci was, next year....Sara, it's your turn ;)























For Halloween I made our Holiday tradition of the best french toast in the world. The syrup is divine and we dye it depending on the holiday. So this time we had a orange breakfast, a favorite amongst all of us.




My mom and dad had a killer Halloween party as usual. This year they hired a magician who did some darling magic tricks, balloon animals, and face painting.






























Sara and I took the kids to another darling party in an old church downtown Ogden.






































My friend Carrie invited us to a Halloween Carnival that served the BEST food. My mouth just watered thinking about it.





































This is my cousin Jessica. She is the head of an exclusive club of Lydia's biggest fan.


















A LOT of my time has been spent up in Logan. I think there might be some hard feelings that I am a one stop girl when I go there, and that stop belongs to the Jensens. But I can't help it! It's not my fault. I show up, Emma knows right where the toys are. She gets special snacks. And she has five family members to entertain her. I run errands, sleep in, work on projects, go hiking, go walking, watch my shows, read a book...all while some one else is watching the girls. If anyone else can offer me this sweet deal then I would LOVE to come visit. Otherwise, just be happy for my good fortune and no hard feelings ;)





























10 comments:

Vonnie said...

Lindsey, come on down. I can offer the exact same services! See you soon :)

The Fife's said...

Love your news!

Holly said...

What an update!! I'm shocked but so happy for you guys! Those skirts are adorable, as are your cute girls. You definitely inspire me!

Kylee said...

I have so many things to say: 1. I MISS YOU!!! 2. I miss Emma 3. I miss Lydia 4. And yes I miss Ryan as well. And I know Brody does too :) Also, I'm so happy that everything has worked out so far for you guys. Good luck with all the moving activities. 5. I LOVE those skirts you made. They are so stinking cute.

Lee said...

I love this post! It's so newsy and fun-- and you're right- lots of big news. I love the tribute to us of course, and really don't see how anyone (even Von as there are only two people there) can top our services :) You are an ambitious girl, and we LOVE it when you come to stay.

tutus n bowties said...

Lin! So much has been going on with you guys. That's exciting about your house. Even though I LOVE it dearly, I know you will work wonders where ever your live next. AWESOME news about your photo business. Well done! Can I just say that Lydia is so flippin cute that I just want to drive down right now just so I can hold her!? Emma is a doll as well, and those skirts you made are to cute. Ps. You asked me about the headband on my niece and where it came from forever ago...I actually made that one. Super easy too. Question. Where are you guys planning on moving to?

Shannon Allen said...

Wow! What an exciting update! Congrats on everything! I am especially excited about your photography! You are so talented and seriously, your a sewing natural! Glad you are all doing so well and your little family is so darling!

Annie said...

I love update posts, especially long ones and this satisfied my late night boredom. See you soon!

The Call Family said...

WOW! what a lot of fun news!!! thats exciting about your house!! I love Logan!! There will always be a place in my heart for Logan! Can we come visit?:) cute skirts! you are so productive!!! So inspiring:) good luck with it all!

Jackie Greenwood said...

Oh my word, congratulations on all of the wonderful news!! Also, those skirts are adorable!! You are so crafty and cute! Hope all goes well!