Sunday, December 27, 2009

Good Gall He's Been Here!!




We started our Christmas Eve off with a visit from Santa. I was kind of hoping Lydia would cry, I love those photos, but she was into the Jolly Man.

Christmas Eve is my most favorite day of the year. My sisters came up with their kids and we had a kid nativity and then we all bundled up and trekked outside where my dad had shoveled a path in the snow and illuminated it with luminaries. We all went out to the shed where he had set up a large nativity scene and we sang some Christmas carols.





We then had the adult program which consisted of a "service" white elephant game, poetry reading, a spiritual message from my parents, and a Christmas trivia game. After the elf knock and the kids scrambled to bed we stayed up with the Petes and my parents for a mini marriage seminar and some games and more yummy food.






Christmas morning the kids were so good to sit tight while we got everything ready. One of my most favorite traditions is when my dad goes to check to see if Santa has come, and if he has then he yells "Good Gall He's Been Here!!" And that's the signal for the kids to come running.























Emma had a great Christmas this year with a reasonably generous amount of gifts, and yet her favorite gift was the play dough in her stocking, go figure.

10 comments:

Kylee said...

I'm glad you had a good Christmas. I love those pictures, especially the black and white one of Emma waving to Santa. Does she just think that Santa goes around doing photo shoots with all the kids? I'm just curious what you say to her.

Stacey said...

There's one in every family...in yours, it's Emma! The tulle skirt...yes, very adorable. My kids are orphans. It's the real deal at our place. One picture of Lydia at the bottom looks like a cross between you as a baby and a fuzzy haired Kennedy.

Darren and Traci said...

I love all the pictures, so cute. And the Santa/Emma and Lydia/Santa ones are adorable. If you want to borrow one of my kids I'm sure they'll cry for ya. Emmie was terrified of him until last year and I haven't taken Allison or Eliza to see him yet so I'm sure they wouldn't like him. I know, bad parents right. You are so on top of this blogging thing. I just barely posted halloween pictures and Emmie's b-day ones. ugg I suck. I love all the fun family things you do for Christmas

Valerie: said...

glad you guys had a great christmas...the girls are cute as ever and Lydia is getting so plump. I love it.

Annie said...

Way to knock my socks off! Loved the wave to Santa in the backyard.

tutus n bowties said...

What a fun Christmas! The pictures are all so fun. I can't get over how big little miss is getting! That pic of her in her little chair is so dang cute.

Carrie said...

LOVE your pictures!! I can't believe every little detail. . .you are too good! I love Emma's ringlets(: Lydia is such a smiley baby. She is too cute! The santa pictures. . .I might have to invite myself next year. Oh, and all the traditions, your family never disappoints! What a fabulous christmas. Was it hard knowing that'll be the last Christmas there?

Jamie Jo said...

Spencer can't believe that Emma caught the Real Santa as he was leaving Liberty. Why was he still there in the morning, he wants to know? And the picture of Lydia in that blue chair is too, too cute! How do you make those photo things all together?

Rob and Mare said...

Cute pictures! Your girls are adorable! We miss you guys. We need to get together soon:)

Vonnie said...

Great photos! Great times! Great memories! Thanks for sharing!