Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sweet One






















Our little baby turned one this last week. I am so sad to see her growing up. She has been such a delight and the joy I find with her is as if she were my first all over again. I am tickled with how her One Year Old photos turned out, but just in case anyone is wondering...yes, it was a lot of work, and no I don't think I will be doing it again. But we'll see ;)











Add Image

















I made this special little cupcake for Lydia, but I was a little disappointed when she just picked away at the top of it and then signed all done after a few bites. It was good, I tasted it to make sure. She is just a picky eater. But I sure do love watching babies go to town and make a mess out of their cakes...which that's kind of weird for me, but it must be the only situation where I think the mess is cute. :)

















Emma was so darling all day and so excited for Lydia's birthday. I know there is a lot of "anti-spectacle birthday" people out there, and I am sure some people/most will look at this post and think PA-LEASE! But let me just say...yes I am aware Lydia will have no memory of this day, and she doesn't even care. But I care. This is a passion of mine. My kids are my whole world, and for me, spoiling them on their birthday is one of my ways I show them how very very glad I am to have them in my life. So Lydia probably won't remember her birthdays for many years to come, but when she is older and reflects back on her childhood (through photos and home video) I want it to be with the fondest of memories and a sense that she was truly cherished. And in the process, it is fun to have an older sister who knows what is going on and to have an excuse to invite family members over.


















Summer schedules are kind of crazy and it is hard to accommodate everyone's schedule. So my sisters couldn't join us but I was delighted to have the Jensens, Hatches and my parents be the party guests. They are the ones who know her the best and who she knows the best and who have invested so much time and love into her. Also it was very neat for Lydia to have her great Grandma and Grandpa attend as well and I think it's so neat to see a relationship that is 4 generations long.

















I made a Candy Bingo game, Lydia Trivia (that just happened to rhyme) and also a candy bean bag toss where you got to keep the candy inside the bean bag every time you scored in the bucket.








































































Ryan and I just adore both our girls so much and I can't think of another man who I would want to help me be the best I can be to raise these girls.
Happy birthday to our little sweet one!

















14 comments:

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

I LOVE Lydia one year old pictures!! How did you do the boxes? That is seriously soo cute! You do such a cute job with their birthdays I love how you make it a big deal! Your kids will always love it!

Lee said...

Great post! I loved being a part of this special time for the sweet one. It was such a fun party-you really outdid yourself. Thanks for the special mention :) btw- Jess took the quiz and only missed the allergy question and where did the name Lydia come from. She is so bummed she didn't know that- as was I. . . I feel like I really let you down on that one-

Dream Big Designs said...

You are so good at that. And by the way, will you come re-decorate my house. I am terrible at it! Hehe. Glad you enjoyed the cake. See you soon!

Kylee said...

That was such a darling party!! I love how creative you are with those and even if Lydia won't remember it, I will!! :) And I'll probably never forget it. I'm pretty happy that I know Lydia so well-- (from the trivia game) and I'm glad that she let me hold her all night. I just love her so much!

Jessica said...

YAY!! the post I have been waiting for! You have no idea how sad I am that I missed it, but I am glad you had a great time. I think I have missed some of Emma's birthday parties too...this is not ok! But I love love love her pictures. They are so adorable!!

Nicole Jackson said...

What a darling party!!! It's fun to do it up on their first birthday, hey they only turn one Once!!!

Jackie Greenwood said...

Happy b-day Lydia, I can't believe she is already 1!!! The party looks darling! Hope all is well, miss you guys!

Valerie: said...

I LOVE all the birthday stuff....soooo cute. I wish I was MORE creative like you. I lack it so bad and it makes me sooo mad. Oh well. I love making their birthdays so much fun. Why not? I started doing it to on their first birthdays as well. it doesnt matter if they remember cause they wont but you will have the pictures to show them and they will love you more for it!!

Jamie Jo said...

That sounds like such a fun little party! You do go all out and who cares what other people think! I bet Dad and Mom are glad your party guests were all big people that don't like rocks and dirt. ;)

Stacey said...

Ahhh, such sweet days. Wish I could be borrowing these fabulous decor items for myself, but alas, I am done with sweet one....forever!

Annie said...

Kid, you've GOT to take this horse and pony show on the road! I loved having it at my house and watching the magic unfold. It was like Christmas for me, without any work!

Carrie said...

Wow Linds! I love LOVE love it. all of it. The pictures turned out better then i ever imagined. You rock at decorating and everything about throwing a party. We really should have a party closet(: I will never EVER regret making a fuss over birthdays, afterall we're celebrating LIFE. and you know how I feel about that(; I am very VERY impressed. Way to go girl!

tutus n bowties said...

a.m.a.z.i.n.g party for little Lydia. I can't get over the cute pictures!! Love that idea. Sound like it was a grand celebration.

Erin said...

Ok, I think you should start a business. You are just sooo good at this type of thing! You have some lucky little girls to have such an amazing mother :)