Saturday, June 26, 2010

We-are-FAM-I-LY!!!

This is just a typical day in my life right now, family, family family! Pop ins, play dates, lunch dates, babysitting, festivals, you name it, we do it together! My friend Carrie asked me if I have made a lot of new friends, I laughed out loud. Friends? What are those? I haven't seen friends (except for you Carrie :) In weeks, possibly months by now. I am so busy with family and I love every minute of it. Below is s'mores by the fire with the Caspersons.
My little Lydia turned one this week :'( I have just loved every minute of my life with her. It really makes me smile inside to see that she has quite the fan base and some of her fan club members come in the most surprising form. Like this little boy. Cute isn't he? Quite cute actually. But he loves to run and play with his older boy cousins but he will always stop what he is doing to hold Lydia or play with her and he gets so excited over her little victories, like standing on her own, or trying to talk. I always loved my nephew Spencer, but he just shot himself to the top of my list.


My niece and nephew work at the Logan pool so they hooked us up with a killer family discount pass. We went there Friday and LOVED it. Crowded, but a great way to pass a hot summer's day.
Emma went down the slide all by herself. I didn't cry like I likely will on the first day of Kindergarten, but I did see this as a big step for her, and for me! It was so nice to know she is becoming more independent and brave and gives me hope that maybe it will be fun to watch my kids grow up, even though it means they will be growing further and further away from me. I can't think about it. So anyways, Yeah for Emma!

COUSINS! COUSINS! COUSINS! Emma is in HEAVEN! She sees so much of her cousins. This was at Firehouse Pizza on Tuesday night when kids eat free. Hello! Free! Weekly tradition here I come :)

There has been one acceptation to the cousins trend and that is in my friend Carrie who lives in Ogden. Carrie has been sooo good to take Emma while I run errands for our home or take Lydia to Dr's apts. or whatever I need to get done. I stole these photos from her blog but we don't want to leave Addi out in all of our day to day adventures. Thanks again Carrie! I promise your turn will come around.




So speaking of Dr. apts. We got Lydia her one year shots and took her to a dermo appointment for her little face rash. Turns out it is just from saliva and likely thumb sucking. Hmmm. I hate going to the doctor. Not quite as bad as I hate changing a dirty diaper, but they might be tied. We waited for an hour before we even saw the dermo. Hello nap time. These photos below are of us trying to pass the time.



























Father's Day we met and had a picnic and then all went for a hike. It was a great day to be together and I really missed having my sister Stacey and her family there with us. My brother-in-law Todd just recently lost his dad and I had his family heavy on my mind all day and I just really tried to live in the moment.










































This man here...in the above photo....I'm pretty sure is my husband. It looks like him, but I hardly see him any more so who knows. Ryan lives in Liberty in my parent's guest house since we moved all of our stuff into storage. My parent's sale failed two days before they were supposed to close. So poor Ryan goes to work all day, then goes over to our new house, works his guts out there, goes up to Liberty around midnight and repeats the schedule every day. He comes up to Paradise on Sundays and the girls just LOVE having him home. I LOVE having him here and really miss his company and just having him around, he is just sooo likeable. I hoped we would move in July first...HA! Now I'm hoping the weekend after the 4th...hoping! Eventually we'll be a family again...right? Right?
More posts to come soon. I'm on alternate computers so it's hard for me to post the photos I want, and none of them are edited...I feel like it's the stone ages just posting a raw photo :)

3 comments:

Valerie: said...

Looks like your having fun. So excited for us to move back home next month so we can hang out with family. Too bad about your parents house. What did Ryan go to school for? Too bad he has such a crappy schedule. Hopefully it gets better in the future!! You guys are so cute.

Stacey said...

Great Post Lin. Still lovin the bangs on you! Can't believe mom and dad already have another barn thing built out by the firepit. Atleast you get to keep on saving for the new house.

Lee said...

Fabulous post! I'm so glad you're having such a great time w/ your fam. That's so great. I too am loving your bangs. That's such a cute look on you. Ryan is a likable guy- Lydia is cute even crying, and Emma is the bravest 4 year old I know going down that slide all by herself!