Monday, June 6, 2011

SPARKLING lemonade

Every Saturday night and Sunday night we gather in the lobby of the hotel and play games with a group of other Vivint members. We always have a great time and enjoy playing our favorite games.
We don't get much time off but this week we were able to go to Abuelos with Kylee and Brody. Our girls ADORE them which really solidifies their place as our favorite couple.



We get free passes to the YMCA and have enjoyed having that around the corner. The facilities really are SO nice and it is a great way for us to pass the time. The indoor pool is our favorite activity so far.

That's Kylee, just reading her book while we swim. Boring for her, but even still, we love to have her company wherever we go.

Kylee left to head back to Utah today, and we are so sad to have her go. She did leave us behind with the best discovery ever....sparkling lemonade!! Kylee introduced me to this product, and now our fridge is constantly stocked with them.

There are four YMCA gyms in the city, and all have their own draws. Brittney and Sailor joined us to check out this pool, it had a wave pool that kept us entertained the whole time and was a fun break from our daily routine.
This was the floor model at JC Penny in their patio department, and they let me buy it for $5. I can't believe I even debated about it. I have definitely got my money's worth!

This day was not so fun. I had a rather painful UTI. However, I am very thankful for the health care that is available to me, even when I am out of state. All was well in my world again within 24 hours.

These little sisters are just soooo funny. I LOVE how they play together. Seeing their friendship develop really does melt my heart. However, the sibling rivalry has begun. For now, it is kind of cute and comical to me, but I don't know if I will be singing that same tune by month's end.

We checked out the River Festival that Wichita hosts every year. It's no Rose Festival like Portland throws, but that's tough to compete with. I wasn't overly impressed, but it gave us a reason to see the city and get out with some other team members for an adventure.

I LOVED this day. We have had record breaking highs, so today was over 100 degrees. Sad for Bundy to be knocking doors in this heat, but the girls and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves laying pool side. We spent ALL day at the pool, and Emma and I stayed out while Lydia took a couple of naps. This is one little girl who is NOT home-sick, and I don't blame her.

7 comments:

amity said...

glad to see all is well with your family. the ymca looks like a blast!! i am jealous of your ability to just be able to go and play with your girls without having to worry about cleaning and cooking. enjoy your time in kansas!! we miss you but we are glad you are able to be a family again with ryan.

Lee said...

Hurray! An update from you. That makes my day. Such cute pictures of everyone. I'm loving your hair. That's so awesome you have free YMCA membership. I love that you don't have to do your regular household chores and can devote so much time to the girls.

Jessica said...

Loved the update! I'm going to have to try some of that sparkling lemonade, it looks delicious! I am so glad that you have so many cool things to do, and awesome that you have free memberships to ymca. I hope your girls still remember and like me as much as they like Kylee when you get back! :)

Carrie said...

That is the life! I'm jealous. Live it up girl! Love the update.

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

So I was trying to think where you would know Candice from. She is from North Ogden and went to Weber High. She is friend with Holly Stowers. Her sister is Dana Smith who used to be in our ward. So you may know her.

SaraPete said...

Linny,
I want to cry now, I am so jealous! How fun to just relax, hang my the pool and just be with your little loves all day! No church calling, Olive Garden, or family drama to worry about! I would love to get to do what you are!!!

Holls said...

So fun to see what you are up to! Also, sorry for not calling back this week. We have had a crazy week and I haven't had a chance to breath! We do need to catch up, I'm going to camp on Monday so I'll try to call you before or the end of next week. I'm jealous, by the way. I could use not having to do any house work or cooking! ENJOY!!!