Friday, May 27, 2011

Ahhh, this is the life

Thursday we were all loaded up, ready to leave when we discovered the car battery was dead. A pretty rough start to the day. We finally gave in and just went and bought a new battery that my neighbor Mike installed and came to our rescue yet again. We were on the road by 2 and pulled into our Denver hotel at 11. The girls were so good, especially Lydia who won the grand prize for best behavior.


Friday we left Denver around noon and drove 8 hours to Wichita, Kansas where Ryan and his team are temporarily staying. The drive was incredibly boring and flat, but went by fast. We pulled in about the same time as Ryan was getting off work so we went and picked him up. It had been 32 days since we had seen him, I just don't know how Army wives do it.

The girls have been loving the hotel life. We have nothing to do but play. The hotel we're at provides a free breakfast and dinner, maid service, and free passes to the YMCA....who am I kidding, I am loving this life as much as anyone.

Sunday is the only day off. Most everyone goes to church and then we all met up for a day at the pool. The team met their goal so they hosted the yummiest BBQ dinner and we had fun getting to know some other families who we will be spending the summer with.

It's so nice having someone else to help put the girls to bed. It's not hard to do, they go to bed good, but it is still nice to have two parents in the family again.

The storms have been cause for concern. Luckily they keep just barely missing us. We enjoyed a great thunderstorm and down poor, but haven't had anything too serious......yet.
My cousin Kylee and her husband Brody also came out to sell for two months. Kylee drove out here with me to see her husband for ten days and then will fly back to Utah for work. It's been fun having a couple to rotate dinner with and just talk and visit with in the evenings.

Kylee is like an aunt to my girls. She adores them and they adore her. I will miss having someone so willing to play with them so I can run errands, or in this case, go and knock doors with Ryan. I'm so glad I went and am so proud of Ryan for the daunting task he faces each day.
The weather here is bi-polar. One day it will be freezing and storming it's guts out, then 12 hours later there is not a cloud in the sky and we spend the day pool side. The photo of Lydia expresses so well...Ahhhhh this is the life.
I was so pleased that Lydia was entertaining herself and being so quiet, until I discovered it was because she was playing with my jewelery. I was crushed when I realized she broke my most favorite necklace that I got in Thailand. I was upset until this little scene unfolded and Emma gave her such sweet comfort. My necklace may be broken forever, but at least I got this tender moment in exchange.

9 comments:

Annie said...

Finally. Yeah!! Worth the wait. I love that top picture of Ryan with Lydia. He looks hunky. Lydia soaking up the rays was so funny. I'll bet she sat still for all of 5 seconds? Love the comforting arms of Miss Em. That sounds like Texas weather. Nothing lasts for long. Keep enjoying!

Sami Lichfield said...

looks like you're having loads of fun! We miss you guys! Tell Ryan hello for us, hope everything is going well!

Lee said...

I agree w/ Annie! Finally, a glimpse into your new life for the summer. Everything looks great! Free breakfast AND dinner? Man, who wouldn't love that? That picture of Lydia soaking up the sun is hilarious. She's one! haha Also love the comforting sissy's. So glad you have K&B there to keep company with. Miss you!

Kylee said...

I loved seeing those pictures... it's weird, even though I was there for (or in) 90% of them, is just different actually seeing the scene later on in a still picture. Especially after your wonderful editing. I've had so much fun out here with you guys and it's been great having something to do during the day while Brody is gone selling.

Jessica said...

I, too, LOVED seeing your new life! I wouldn't mind the free breakfast, dinner and room service either. Score! Love the picture of Lydia laying on the chair and love the last picture of the girls. Too cute!

Jord said...

I'm so glad for you to be a family again and hope you enjoy the free meals!

Stacey said...

That apt looks big. Nice to have a break from normal housekeeping! Enjoy this time in your lives.

Mikael said...

I just talked to your sister today and she told me you are in Kansas! I had to laugh, only because of things that are to come in MY LIFE!! AHHH, i can't say much now, until I know for sure, but it is good to know that you like the small town life :)
I think a maid and free meals sounds good to me!!! ENJOY IT!

Vonnie said...

Good to get an update from you Lindsey and hear how things are going. Hopefully it will be a successful summer for you guys. I'm sure you love being back together as a family!