Friday, May 13, 2011

A Time To Keep

Mother's Day was a very simple day, but I got to spend it with my girls who made me a mother, and my own mother who taught me everything I know. My mom is the EPITOME of who I am trying to be. She is always looking for the silver lining and she genuinely loves to serve others. What I admire most about her is that she doesn't need or take the spotlight. She has always made such great efforts to build strong family traditions and memories, and she receives very little of the credit. I also greatly admire my mom for constantly over coming her fears. Photographed below is my mom holding a cat, which may seem ordinary for some, but it was a big step for my mom, and it truly does inspire me to push past my little hang ups as well. My mom is my best friend, and I respect her and continue to need her wisdom and influence in my life now more than ever.

I have been consumed the last week with getting 32 scrapbooks ready for Emma's pre-school class. I have seen every Mathew McConaughey movie there is and been getting to bed around 2 a.m. every night. I couldn't be more glad that this is over and I learned a valuable lesson that doing "trades" isn't always worth the money you save.

We spent a couple nights with my parents up in Paradise and had Addi come and join us for a few days. She and Emma play so good together and they get along better than Emma does with even her own cousins. It's so much easier for me to let her have a friend. Who knew 3 kids would be easier than 2!

So....yeah....my hair is gone. This turned out to be QUITE a bit shorter than I had envisioned, but in the end I am happy with it. I have had the same hair style for the last 15 years, so this is a welcome change.

We had one last little photo shoot before leaving for the summer. Lydia was being a pill so I didn't get any photos with she and I, but what can ya do? A Time To Keep is a favorite book of my family. I tried to recreate a similar picnic for the girls that they had in the book, and although it was a lot of work, we still had a great time.





I know, right? My precious phone! Plus, the screen is glass, so although this phone is still functioning, I have little glass shards on my fingers every time I use it. No worries, a replacement is on the way, but until then I am a horrible communicator.

So today was actually a pretty fantastic day, but I didn't have my camera. I enjoyed lunch up at Eats of Eden with my mom and the girls. Then we had fun playing on the Liberty property with the girls. We also stopped by a little boutique and bought ourselves new matching summer purses. Later that evening we went to the Marriott hotel in Ogden where my parents were spending the night (just for the fun of it) and we joined them for swimming and hot tubbing, the girls were in heaven! A very fun week filled with great family activities. I think I will miss my parents more than anything while we are away this summer.

7 comments:

Lee said...

It's official. I love your hair! I think it makes your face look so thin! (and I know you'll love that thought) I'll bet Emma loves being twins with you. Those scrapbook pages! Ugg. So glad that's done. Remember this in the future-do easier trades! That photo shoot! Oh my gosh. Soooo cute!

Heather C Taylor said...

Okay this post was so much fun! Your hair is awesome! It really is a great cut on you!! I love all the fun things you do with your girls, I hope when I have little ones I can remember all your fun ideas with my kiddos! :)

Unknown said...

It offical, you guys are the funnest family ever! Trips, parties, and out to eat to awesome places....yea, I want to be like you when I grow up!!

Jessica said...

Love the pictures of you and the girls and I love love your new haircut! It looks so cute on you!

Valerie: said...

that photo shoot is soooo cute..love the hair cut.. i am getting mine chopped this week and going back to blond!!

Annie said...

AWWWHHHHH. What a sweet post. I feel shy now! HaHa. Don't forget to take my laptop so I don't have to go 3 months without your awesome posts.

Kylee said...

I can't say enough how much I love those pictures in the tree grove! Will you re-create that for me someday?? I love you hair and can't wait to see it in person. I wonder if it'll make me want to cut mine again. I'm glad you are doing all the things you want to do before you leave for the summer. I hope I get to see you SOON!!