Monday, May 9, 2011

Star of the show

Sunday we enjoyed a nice quiet day. Our neighbors the Litchfields (who are the best neighbors ever) took Emma with them to church and then kept her for a few hours so Lydia and I could enjoy some down time while we're both recovering from being sick. Then my sister Sara had us out for dinner that night. This was a very pleasant and easy day.
They're baaaack! It's that time of year again to get out the spider traps. Bleh!

My dad was out of town so the girls and I enjoyed a quick trip to Paradise to spend the night with my mom.

We enjoyed attending an over the top birthday party for our little friend Sailor Wimmer.

Emma's dance recital was just as cute as could be and I made her whole week when I told her she was the star of the show.

I have a rebellious nature, it's true. I get it from my mom. It usually builds and builds until I have to satisfy it. So I got my release from snipping some cherry blossom branches and giving a couple bouquets away and then keeping one for myself.

I loved joining my sister Sara (in the middle) and some of her/our friends for her birthday celebration at an all you can eat Sushi. We had to roll ourselves out of there but it was worth every bite!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That is no good about the spiders being back. I love sailors little outfit. She is darling. And Emma looks way cute in her little dance costume. I'm gonna miss you guys this summer!

Annie said...

I second what Jessica says about missing you and the girls this summer. AND the Bundyboy. Loved going to Emma's dance recital.
Me rebellious? Damn right!

Jamie Jo said...

You do not have that many spiders!!??!! Are you kidding me? That is horrible! I always thought you were just being melodramatic about it, but now I see why!