Thursday, May 19, 2011

Closing up

I know I am not an army wife, I don't even know how they do it. But for us, and our daily routine, having Ryan gone for a month has not been fun to say the least. I am so thankful for this chance we have had to really see just how much we need each other. It has also been a great chance for me to see who my friends are. I have to give a special shout out to the Stowers, the Malmbergs, my sister Sara, my parents and especially my neighbors the Litchfields. I know I couldn't have held it together without them. They pumped bike tires, tended the girls, played with the girls, fixed lawn maintenance, and even brought good-bye gifts for all of us. I am so thankful for my friends and family and to have had this chance to see just how much I need all of them.

Sunday we went to Logan for my nephew Caleb's birthday. The kids had a blast playing together and I know Emma will miss them so much this summer.
To celebrate Emma's pre-school graduation she and I went and got glitter toes down and colored extensions in our hair. I NEVER in a million years would have guessed that me and my daughter would both have short hair, but here we are, and it's actually kind of nice.

Before my dad left for Trinidad he and my mom came out and took us to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and then we ate at Farr's Fresh. Both of my girl ADORE my dad, but he and Emma have an extra special little bond that just completely melts my heart.

Today was Emma's pre-school graduation. Her teacher really went above and beyond all year long with her curriculum and program. Emma really grew and learned so much and I am glad I feel confident she is ready for pre-school. My mom had spent the night with us and joined us for the graduation and the rest of our fun day. It means so much to me to have supportive parents and sometimes I get overwhelmed with just how lucky I am to be their daughter.


So now I have my cousin Kylee with me and we are preparing to drive the 18 hours out to visit Ryan. We are all so excited to see him, but I don't think we are half as excited as he is to see us. It's been a long month and we're looking forward to our summer adventure as a family.

7 comments:

Annie said...

Kid, look how early you are up! Perfect post to end your activities in Utah. Now on to a fabulous time in Oklahoma where the wind comes right before the rain!!

Kylee said...

It sounds like I'm only going out there with you to visit Ryan and that I'm so excited about it too. Ha ha, it just sounded funny. Just to clarify, for anyone that reads this comment... I'm going to visit my husband who's out there too! Anyway, I'm so glad it worked out for us both to drive out there together!

Lee said...

Too bad you didn't make as early of a start as you'd planned. . . I'm so excited for you all to be together again. Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Erin said...

Ok so you are looking so cute with you new hair do! Love it! Good luck with your summer adventure!!!

amity said...

good luck on your road trip!! we will miss you while you are gone. i will especially miss emma and the adorable things she says and does in primary. have a safe trip!!

Heather C Taylor said...

Drive safe and keep posting! I love being able to stay up to date on your sweet family! I love that photo of you and Emma with your extensions! SO CUTE! Take care!

Carrie said...

I'm so sad your gone. I hope you can keep updating out there so we can see all of your fun adventures. I bet Ryan is so happy to be with his family again. We need your address so Addi and Emma can be pen pals(; Miss you!!