Friday, September 23, 2011

'Lil Pumpkin


Emma and Lily have been friends since birth.  It's so fun to see them start this chapter of their lives together.  They're not in the same class, but both have afternoon kindergarten so they get to see each other while coming and going from school.
Emma LOVES going to the dentist.  I have to act like I do too so she'll keep up her enthusiasm.  She has yet to have a cavity, so that may play into her enjoyment, and also she gets to pick out a prize at the end.  The only part I like about going to the dentist is when I do have a cavity, because then I get the gas :)

We had a family hike and came across this tarantula right on the trail!!  This photo was an attempt he gave to hide from us, you should have seen what he looked like while trying to defend himself and look larger than life.

Lydia loves picking strawberries from our little patch.

For our NINTH anniversary Ryan and I had a fantastic day together just the two of us. We took my parent's Ranger RZR over Avon and into Ogden Valley for a delicious lunch at Huntsville BBQ company.
Ogden Valley holds so much sentiment for both of us and we loved spending the day there.  On the way home we were chased by dark storm clouds, but we made it back before getting drenched.
After showering and cleaning up we went out to my favorite restaurant, Elements.  Then we saw a complimentary movie of Contagion, which we both loved.  By complimentary I just asked nicely if they would let us see it for free, and the agreed.  Never hurts to ask.  We had the BEST day together!  Thanks to my mom for keeping the girls all day :)

Sunday we went for a picnic over to Hyrum dam.  The girls loved playing on the beach and the weather was perfect.  I am kicking myself for not doing this more often, but at least we'll be prepared for next year.

                              

Emma LOVES to take photos, even more than I do if you can believe it.  I'm training her to get them just right, and she's actually doing a pretty great job.

Lydia is obsessed with her new pajamas that Annie bought her from Swiss Days.  They're an early Christmas gift, and she couldn't be happier.

We had a long over due taco Wednesday date with our friends the Ferrins.  This is their little girl Scarlet.  They had to put up a good fight to get her to come on down here.  She is sooo precious and it warms my heart to see their family grow.

I had a great photo shoot with my cousin Jake for his Senior pics.  Isn't he such a good looking kid?  He is a strong athlete, has great future goals, lives his standards, and has a fun sense of humor.  He'll be a great catch for any girl, the kicker is that he just isn't interested right now, which makes him even better in my eyes.

Addi came up and spent the two nights with us while we stayed at my parent's house over the weekend.  We absolutely adore Addi and her influence on Emma.  I can't believe this is the only photo I have of the girls, but what can ya do?

I hosted a shower for my sweet cousin Sydney.  It was so fun to try the new things I have discovered on Pinterest and to see my cousins who live out of town.




I'm so excited when anyone has a baby, but especially excited for Sydney.  She is oober talented, has a rockin' marriage, and just as sweet and loving as can be.  She's going to be a great mom who will likely fill me with jealousy when I see all the cute things she'll be doing for her kids.


These are the Smith wives (minus one who couldn't attend.)  Some are blood related, some by marriage.  I adore every single one of them and wish so badly that we lived closer so I could enjoy their awesomeness on a weekly basis.

Soooo, how often do you clean your kid's car seat?  I hardly ever do.  Let me rephrase, I NEVER do, unless vacuuming counts.  This is how my husband does things.  Takes it all apart, puts the cover in the washing machine, and scrubs the plastic in the kitchen sink.  Yep....he's mine...allllllll mine.
This BEAUTY is my neighbor whom I ADORE.  Stunning, isn't she?  I had the best time driving around the valley with her and her parents while we hit up different locations.  I could make a LONG list of why Sami is as pretty on the inside as she is on the outside.  Let's just say, that I am the President of her fan club.

5 comments:

Lee said...

Lots to comment on. That was one huge post! Try and keep up better girl, then you won't have to torture youself with such a massive post! haha-it's great for the rest of us, just a killer for you. I'm just saying. . . Lydia's nightgown! Oh, that brings back memories of my girls dancing around in theirs. Does Emma have one? You need to put the Nutcracker music on and watch them go crazy! Hyrum Dam never looked so good as your picture makes it look. Maybe I need to go there more too. Who needs Bear Lake, right? That tarantula. . . I can't even talk about it. The picts of Jake- I love! You're right, him and Sami do make a cute couple. She's a darling girl- she'll probably be snatched right up before Jake's interested. . . Syd's shower decorations could not be any cuter. I love them so. That pict of you and Syd and the Smith girls is adorable. Ryan cleaning- I have to say, him and Mike are on the same team. Really- Mike is a great deep cleaner and sometimes notices things I don't and just cleans them. Plus, he has these 4 things on a weekly rotating schedule: Toilets, (really good) Dishwasher, our shower, and I can't remember the other thing, but it's so awesome to have those things get done good by someone other than me. Don't you pity girls who don't have husbands like us?

Stacey said...

This is Annie, while at Stacey's. Ditto to all Lee said. Good husbands are a treasure above rubies. Too bad they seem in short supply! Can't wait to come home and have my decorations already in place for my next party. You rock.

tutus n bowties said...

So this Sami chick totally looks like Taylor Swift! Is it just me? LOVE her pictures. She is a beauty. I'm so glad you got good pictures of the shower. That's what I get for taking a crap camera along. Your words were so sweet p.s.. Also, happy anniversary! What a fun day you guys had together. You look gorgeous in the pic with you and Bundy.

Jessica said...

Ok, I have a lot to comment on as well. This was a long post, good job! That is awesome that Emma loves to go to the dentist. That spider is so nasty. I think if I saw one of those, I would die. I really do want to go on a razor ride soon! I’m glad you guys had a fun anniversary. No way has it been nine years! I shouldn’t say I’ve never been to Hyrum dam, cause surely I have.. but it has been long enough that I can’t remember. I need to go, it looks like you guys had fun. LOVE Lydia’s new pajamas. Totally reminds me of running around our living room with Kylee listening to the nutcracker. Those are some cute pictures of Jake that you took, can’t wait to see more. Your party for syd looks so cute, I so wish I could have been there to see it all in person. That is awesome that Ryan cleaned the car seats so good. I don’t think I would have ever thought of that. That Sami girl you took pictures of is very pretty! Brad and I think she looks like Taylor Swift as well.

Calli said...

linds.... I am dying right now. You did an amazing job on Sami's pics! I know its probably hard or impossible to take a bad pic of her, but your style and editing is amazing. I love it! I would love to have you do some 2 year old pics of nash.. maybe you could email me some prices! callilinsley@gmail.com Im glad you guys are back, I know you were very missed by my family!! Oh and ps, your girls are so adorable!!! I love them!!