Thursday, September 15, 2011

First Day of School

 

 My sweetest little Emma started school today.  We spent the morning making apple cupcakes for her teacher that were so delicious.  Then we did her hair and had her favorite breakfast.  She was so excited to go to school and didn't show any signs of anxiety.  I held it together until I got back in the car before I let the tears fall.  What an adventure the last five years have been.  I'm so thankful that as I stumble my way through learning to be a mother, I have a child as easy and good natured as Emma, who I know will help me reach my full potential.



 Ryan has been working like a fool out in our yard.  I love having a man who knows the value of yard work.
 These little girls are just the best of friends.  I LOVE that they play so well together (as long as they have a break somewhere in the day.)
 My mom and I had the ABSOLUTE BEST day together on Friday.  We drive to Midway to attend the Swiss Days Festival.  We talked non stop the entire time.  I can't think of any other person I would rather spend an entire day with.

These are just a few of the treasures I bought from the booths.  Lydia made out like a bandit as well, but that will come in a later post.
Then we ended our day with lunch at my favorite hotel, Zermatt.  What is better than a delicious salad and reuben sandwich out on the patio?  Nothing.
 Saturday my family went to Lava Hot Springs.  There were 21 of us in total.  Ryan and I had a blast!  Largely in part b/c the weather was too chilly for my mom, so she kept Lydia by her side so we could actually have some fun.  The river was wild and crazy, just how I like it.  I made it to the second platform but couldn't go any higher to jump.  We had a great time with family, yummy food, and fun water slides.  A must for next summer, but definitely earlier in the year, it was rather chilly.
 This is Tiger.  Our cat for the day.  He randomly showed up one day and made himself right at home in our yard.  We fed him, pet him, and took photos galore.  I like the girls to think we have pets, when in actuality they belong to someone else.  I have no intention of ever owning a pet, so this works great for all of us.  Tiger disappeared the next day and has never returned, but the girls still tell people about their pet cat.
 Monday we had an insanely delicious breakfast at my aunt Lee's.  Then we played some volley ball and had a great little Labor Day hike.  The weather was fantastic!

6 comments:

Kylee said...

I really want to go to swiss days, I've never been and it looks really fun! I love the picture of Lydia where Jess is holding her at Lava. It's just extra cute! I also love the one you took of all the first day of school stuff, and of course Emma couldn't be a cuter kindergartner!

Lee said...

I like that I make insanely delicious food. That's sooo much better than just plain delicious food. . . I love that Ryan is a hard worker and can figure anything out. I love the girls bathing together and playing so well together. It's just so reminiscent of when Ky and Jess were little. There's nothing better!

tutus n bowties said...

So I have loved you daily pictures! I haven't been the best blogger all Summer, but I'm glad you have been. First off Swiss days is amazing and I was super bummed I couldn't go this year. Love the treasures you came back with. Second of all Miss Emma looks adorable for her first day of school. What an exciting day!

Jamie Jo said...

You also had fun at Lava because we were on Emma duty for a good 4 hours. ;) Ryan kept asking me, "Where are her parents?"

Jessica said...

Holy cow, I can't believe there were 21 of us at lava. It did not seem like that many! Love the kindy pictures, and those apple cupcakes are just adorable. I wouldn't expect anything less of you though.

Jord said...

She is so sweet and I'm sure her teacher loves her. And I love loaned pets too!