Friday, March 9, 2012

Emma

 My darling Emma turned six.  Other than her first birthday this one has made me the most sad inside.  It's official now, she's grown up.  From this age on, the milestones will be far between.  From birth to age 5 the milestones are frequent and give reason for much celebration.  Now that she can read and is in school, I feel like the next milestone is driving and dating.  I hope I'm wrong.  I love watching her discover her abilities and strengths and develop new characteristics.  I am so thankful for the light Emma brings to my life and for the very dear friend she is of mine.  I am truly blessed to have her.







Here's Emma proposing a toast to all of her friends, I believe it was  "Friends Forever!!!"


Pin the leg on the octopus


Pass the fish- with sharkies as a prize


Opening gifts and singing Happy Birthday

Each girl took home her own fish.  They were SOOOOO excited.  
 We went to Texas Roadhouse for Emma's favorite meal, steak and broccoli.

When we got home we gave her a brand new bike that is more her size.  It's called Sea Star and this was money well spent.  Emma was one delighted little birthday girl.

 I LOVE how appreciative and enthusiastic Emma was about this whole day.  It was a lot of work, but she noticed every detail and was over the moon about her birthday party.  I want to give a special thanks to those who made a great effort to attend her party, call her, and give her a gift, you know who you are, and so does she, thank you so much from both of us!!!

9 comments:

Annie said...

It was the social event of the year! I loved each girl getting her own fish. Well done queen of the party planning.

JaNae said...

How adorable! You did a great job. . .what lucky girls you have. Also, I can't believe Emma is 6! Seriously? Wow. I guess it's been a while. . .

Lee said...

Holy smokes! Once again, you outdid yourself, but what does one expect when one spends what, 3 years thinking and planning this birthday party? Really, the memories you're making for your family will be cherished forever. Great job, and kudos for raising such a fantastic young lady!

Kylee said...

She looks really grown up. She's officially a 'kid' not a toddler. Although maybe it's been that way for a while. That party looks AMAZING!! I'm in love. Lots of love to my first niece Emma!

Brittney Wimmer said...

Amazing! You pulled it off! Tell Emma I want to be invited next year! You're such a great mom!

Jessica said...

What a FUN birthday party for miss Emma girl. You really outdid yourself, although I am not at all surprised. You are the best party planner!

Stanford Family said...

I can't believe our little girls are turning six. Makes me a little sad. The party looked amazing, you always have such cute, fun ideas.

Shannon Allen said...

She is so grown up! I feel like I know Emma because you are so wonderful at depictin her personality on your blog. She is so darling and really has no reason not to be considering who her mother is! Fantastic party too by the way... you are amazing Lin!

Jord said...

Um, can you throw a themed party for me? What a fun time for those girls and your sweet Emma. She seems like a lovely little lady and I think she reflects all the good things you teach her.