Saturday, March 3, 2012

February

We started the first day of February with a pink and red french toast breakfast, as well as some festive gifts for the girls.  I just LOVE Holidays and making fun memories for my girls.

 Annie had a Valentine's baking day with the little kids. 

I love putting a heart in Emma's hair for the big day.
 Annie put Lydia's hair in rag ringlets like she did for me as a little girl.  Don't mind Lydia's chocolate teeth in the photo with the rags still in. It's funny how "in" this style was when I was little, and even more so when my mom was little. 

The girls got matching pajamas, glow stars for their bedroom, and another pink and red breakfast for Valentine's Day.

Then Emma went to school to deliver her Valentine to her classmates.

We made our own Valentines and took them around to Ogden to 10 different families and friends as well as a plate of cookies.

We ate out at Zuppas and then took the girls to the Solomon Center.  Ryan and I had our romantic date the weekend before with the Petersens for sushi.  On the actual 14th we seemed to be the only couple out who brought their kids, go figure.  We had a great time as a family and a really nice time seeing old friends.

Emma is loving Kindergarten, homework and all!!!

Ryan gave Emma an early birthday gift and set her up with a new fish tank and new pet fish.  I can't imagine her loving a puppy more than she loves these fish.  It's been fun to watch the girls be so excited over something so simple.

My dad is off on an adventure in Laos so my mom took my sister Sara and myself and our kids down south to get some sun.  We rented a house that was 6 bedrooms, had a basketball court, hot tub, and a park across the street.  It was cheaper than getting a hotel room!!  We had the BEST time!

 One night we had a glow balloon party, an idea we got from Pinterest.  The kids were in heaven and will never forget it.  I do have to admit that these photos make the activity seem a tad bit cooler than it really was, but oh well, a photographic memory can be handy sometimes.

 We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed every day.  The weather was in the 60's.  We walked every day, went hiking, ate out, and just let the kids play outside the entire time.  It was a nice break for all of us to finally soak up some vitamin D.
 This is the temple where Ryan's parents are sealed.  I just love this photo of my girls.

This photo was one of my Sunday activities.  Yikes!   I can't even begin to say how much editing it took.  Blimey.  Now that it's finished, I'm excited to put it in their room.  This captures both of their personalities so well.

9 comments:

Carol said...

Oh my gosh - that last picture collage, wow!! What a fun February recap and it warms my heart to see Emma enjoying her homework!

Kylee said...

I think that last picture is worth every hour you spent editing it. It's just so unique and timeless, I think you and your girls (and anyone else who see's it) will love it forever! I love seeing what you've been up to, it sounds like it's been a fun month for you.

Valerie: said...

Yeah that picture you did at the bottom is sooo cute. Love that dress Emma is wearing for Valentine's day. Just got that for Sydney a couple weeks ago on Ebay as her Easter dress. So cute.

Annie said...

Only one thing to say: your girls are so lucky to have you as their mother!

Lee said...

Annie said it all- what you do for your girls will not be forgotten and is the basis for their sure foundation in life. Keep amazing me. . . that collage knocked me socks off. Loved the Valentines day and St. George recap.

Holls said...

ahhh, i miss your family! so i called you a week or two ago! did you get my message? I'll call you again, I promise. wow, we are the worst friends. if it makes you feel better, it has been a rough couple months, cody has been gone most nights of the week. so we have kinda not been ourselves- our apologies. talk to ya soon!

Jamie Jo said...

Only Emma would have personalized Valentine's. I love it! And nobody does holidays/parties like you! You make the rest of us look like a bunch of shlubs! Good on ya! Keep it up!

Carrie said...

Fun fun valentines traditions! So glad you got to get away to warmer weather! I am still in awe of your collage, that better be blown up huge somewhere. You are amazing, not surprising at all. Thanks for stopping by on Love day! Love ya!!

Jord said...

You are such a cute Mom and I love all of your February activities. The photo collage of your girls is amazing!