Thursday, May 3, 2012

April



So far 2012 has been filled with a lot of choices for us. We've had our struggles with spending too much time looking back.  However, we're moving on and only looking forward.  These next few months are going to be pretty crazy, but we're thankful to have so many options in front of us and we just hope and pray that we do right by our girls.

 The girls loved Easter and all that it entails.  We had fun coloring Easter eggs and Ryan won the contest for best egg.  He cut up some of his silk ties, wrapped them around the egg, boiled them in water, and voila!!  A magical print that not even an artist could recreate.
 We had our Easter picnic down by the river with my parents.  We enjoyed a bon fire and throwing rocks in the river.  I can't believe how brown the beginning of the month was compared to the end.

Emma has learned how to ride a bike without training wheels and is so proud of herself.  Ryan tried a new little trick and boy did it work.  
 For the first time in my life I saw the end of the rainbow.  If ever anyone needed a pot of gold, it would be us.  However, the experience and awe we shared with our girls is treasure enough.


Below are some random photos taken with my phone.  1.  The sunset is a hike Emma and I did one night.  She is in such great shape and a fabulous hiking partner.  2.  We had a family hike up Logan canyon where we let the girls play in the river at the end of it. 3. Ryan and our little cheezer mcgeezer Lydia.  4.  Emma must have got my phone and took a photo of Lydia playing dolls. 5.  I love the creativity that Emma shows and that she used play dough to leave me little messages.

 THIS is my parent's home.  Can you say BE-YOU-TEE-FULL!!  It's been a long winter stuck up in the mountains with little to do.....but this spring and summer will make up for it.

 I took the girls to SLC to check out the new City Creek Mall.  It was sooooo divine!!  The girls have been saving their money to buy whatever they wanted from the Disney Store.  I love teaching them the value of a dollar.  We then had a picnic and played in the fountain at the Gateway, followed by a tour of the Temple Square flowers.  Having two little girls is everything I always hoped it would be.

This is the Jensen family.  These cousins are 7-15 years younger than me, and they're my closest cousins.  They go above and beyond their title of great aunt and uncle and second cousins to my little girls.  Our time here in Cache Valley wouldn't be the same without them.
My cousin Kylee an her husband Brody, who have been our besties for years now, came for a visit and we were thrilled to be invited to spend the weekend with the family.

Jake and Cam are soooo good to my girls, especially Emma.  I'm fully aware that teenage boys have better things to do than entertain a little 6 year-old girl, but it means so much to me how sweet they are to her.  You might be thinking, "Hey, isn't that photo in the bottom left corner taken during church?  I thought photos are frowned upon in church."  Well, yes, yes that is a photo taken in church.  But guess what, it was a sweet moment, and I wanted a photo, that's just how I roll.

My foot hasn't quite recovered from my surgery, but at least Bundy was able to join them for a hike.  Lydia has been talking about Salomon for the last few months, finally she got her fill of him.  

We had a delicious dinner followed by a late night of games and treats.

Sunday we all headed to the park for an adult recess, it.was.awesome.

I am sooo happy inside my heart that Spring is here!!  April has been my favorite month of the whole year.  I don't anticipate another month this great until July, but who knows what will happen.  I can't wait to see what's in store.

7 comments:

JaNae said...

Are you walking a dog in that picture? :) Made me laugh. Anyway, your girls are adorable. So jealous of the beautiful April weather you guys in Utah have been enjoying! Best of luck with what's to come for you and your family. . .it will work out the way it's supposed to, which isn't always what we think ;)

Brody said...

Man, I look super put out it that dinner picture. Had someone just made fun of my hair or something?

Lee said...

Haha on Brody's comment (and impressive that he commented under his own name. . .) I thought the same thing too- he didn't look too amused. Maybe it's the constant barrage of picture taking he has to endure everytime he's around us! Great post. I loved your tribute to the Jensen's. That was so sweet- it made me happy, and I'm so happy your family could spend the weekend with us. It wouldn't have been as fun w/o you guys.

Kylee said...

I love those "tie" dyed eggs, I've been waiting to see a picture of that! I'm definitely going to try that in the future. That's so sweet what you said about us, you know we feel the same way :) It was so fun seeing you all and I'm glad you were able to stay with my parents that weekend.

Annie said...

JaNae is right. I love the signs at the beginning of the post. So many choices and paths to be taken on this earth life journey. Some better than others but most are good.

Jessica said...

I'm glad you had just a great month Linny! So funny about Brody's comment, because I did notice that too (but not when I read Ky and my mom's posts). I'm glad you were able to spend the weekend with everyone, even if I wasn't able to be there. Those tie dye eggs are so awesome!! What a great idea! Well, looks like I need to do a post about our weekend with the Hatch's tomorrow, seeing as you did it 2 days ago, my mom one day ago, and Kylee today (or last night I guess). Shoot darn, that won't happen!

Jessica said...

I'm glad you had just a great month Linny! So funny about Brody's comment, because I did notice that too (but not when I read Ky and my mom's posts). I'm glad you were able to spend the weekend with everyone, even if I wasn't able to be there. Those tie dye eggs are so awesome!! What a great idea! Well, looks like I need to do a post about our weekend with the Hatch's tomorrow, seeing as you did it 2 days ago, my mom one day ago, and Kylee today (or last night I guess). Shoot darn, that won't happen!