Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

 I can't help but give a special tribute to my mom on Mother's Day.  She is my best friend, my confidant, and my advisor.  I look to her for answers and counsel on the things that matter most in life and she never lets me down.  I have loved falling as the youngest in our family because it has given me so much more time alone with her.  My current favorite quality of my mom is what an adoring, doting grandmother she is.  I know that I can completely trust her to give my daughters the support, encouragement and adoration that they need and deserve.  Sometimes I think they're in better hands with her then they are with me!!!



My mom HATES cats, HATES them!!  And yet, she bought one because she knew the grandkids would love it....aaaaand because it would eat mice.  Sadly, instead it got eaten itself.  But boy howdy did those kids love on this kitty before it met it's untimely death.


This photo below is when my mom flew herself out to Oklahoma so she could drive 18 hours in the car with me and my girls and make sure we were safe and made a really great adventure out of it.  We stopped every couple hours for a treat or a new prize.  I don't even think we listened to music.  I believe we just talked the entire time.  Definitely one of my favorite memories.

At this age in life, she deserves to have some little sports car.  Small, easy to drive, great gas mileage, but nope, not for her.  Instead Annie bought Sanity, a car big enough to fit all of her Utah grandkids so that she could keep us close as a family and take the kids on many adventures.  It had all the perks so that the adults and kids could have a wonderful time together and keep their sanity :)


Also, I can think of very few women in their sixties who can keep such great pace and go on so many hikes and athletic adventures.  I love that my mom and dad are game for a new exploration, especially if it involves wearing their hiking shoes.

 So here's to a wonderful Mother, Grandmother, and friend.  My life wouldn't be the same without you.  Thank you for all you do to keep us close as a family and to help us live the happiest life we can.  I love you mom.  Happy Mother's Day!

6 comments:

Kylee said...

What a sweet post! I love your mom too. Not only is she a great mom and grandma, but a great aunt too. I love you aunt Annie!

Annie said...

Geeze louise. How sweet and loving Linny. You really know how to make my day :) I'm so blessed to have you as a daughter.

Lee said...

Awwww Linny! that is the sweetest post ever, and so well deserved. I'm sure you didn't need to give her an actual gift yesterday- this post was gift enough

Jord said...

What a sweet tribute! You do have a lovely mother and I'm grateful to be her niece.

Mikael said...

Love your white outfit!!!!! u look AMAZING!!! such a hot momma yourself!

Brittney Wimmer said...

Sweet tribute! You're mom is awesome! I mostly know this because you're an awesome mom! We miss you guys!