Monday, June 11, 2012

May

Oh me oh my do I hate getting behind in blogging.  What a wonderful month May has been.  So brace yourself for an overwhelming amount of photos.


 For family fun night we took the girls up to Porcupine Dam to go kayaking and have a cook out.  They haven't stopped talking about this adventure all month.  We had the most wonderful time just the four of us out in nature and we truly were over come with gratitude for all of God's creations.

 My parents got "bummer lambs" yet again this year.  Bummer lambs essentially have a death sentence if the mom has twins and can't care for both or if the mother has died herself.  So it's taken a lot of care from my parents and the girls to keep these lambs bottle fed and cared for.  Emma spends almost every spare second with them.  She reads them stories, sings to them, and tucks them into bed when she can.  My dad and Bundy had the fun task of castrating them and snipping off their tails.

I was dying my hair one afternoon and won a "whoa" from Bundy when we saw me walking around like that.  Our poor husbands and the unpretty sides they get to see of us.  So I had Ry snap a photo.  Then I needed to redeem myself and have him snap another photo once I was ready for the day.

For my sister Sara's birthday her husband got her a hotel and Sara invited myself and her BFF Tiffany to go to SLC.  We had the BEST time shopping, eating out, and just having girl talk.  Then the next day my mom put on a party down by the river with the family.  I just love my sister and am so glad that I have one sister left who doesn't live in Washington.

My brave mom took Emma and her two cousins for an adventure in Yellow Stone, just for fun.


 They had the BEST time staying at hotels, eating out, exploring, and of course visiting Bear World.


While Annie had Emma we left Lydia with the Jensens so we could have an adventure of our own.  We have never really spent too much time exploring all that Salt Lake has to offer so we went up Little Cotton Wood Canyon for the first time and were blown away with how beautiful it is. THESE are the Rocky Mountains. 


 We had the most charming stay at the Snow Bird Inn.  I LOVED having a real wood burning fireplace in our room and sleeping with the porch door open so we could hear the river.  I hope with all my hope that we make this a tradition.


We got a great deal on a package this time of year and enjoyed a delicious all expense paid breakfast with beautiful views.  We pretty much had the whole resort to ourselves.

We loved seeing actual sites where the pioneers took the stone for the Salt Lake Temple.  

So then we went to see that beautiful stone from the Canyon put to good use.  We also got massages from the school, serious shopping at both new malls, and met our friends the Tippings for Thaiphoon.  This has to be the best weekend I've had all year!

Sara broke her iPhone so Bundy decided to give it a go to fix her screen.  This is just a sample of how intricate the phones are and what replacing a screen entails.  Bundy lives for this kind of stuff.

Emma finished up with gymnastics for the school year.  I have LOVED the program at the Sports Academy and can't wait for her to keep on growing and learning come fall time.

Ry and I volunteered to help with Emma's school field trip to the Willow Park Zoo.  It's been so much fun knowing each of the kids in Emma's class.

We drove over Avon and met our favorite neighbors ever, the Litchfields, for dinner at Eats of Eden.  Fantastic company and the best bread pudding ever!!
 On our drive back over Avon we found three kittens abandoned by the side of the road.  What else could we do besides take them home?  We bottle fed them through a syringe through the night and took them to the shelter the next morning.  It was a short lived adventure in being a pet owner.  Notice how Lydia put her kitty down to pose for a photo.  Little Hammy Ham.

We have tried to enjoy the RZR on every nice day there is.  We headed up Millville Canyon one night and were just blown away by the views.  These photos don't do it justice.  I can't say enough how much I LOVE UTAH!!
For Memorial weekend we had a progressive dinner with my Logan Family.  We ended at Lee's house to have dessert and celebrate Jake's graduation.  Nothing beats family!

Memorial Day morning my uncle Gary hosted a breakfast for the whole famdamily.  We opened with the Pledge of Allegiance....
 ....and then Emma topped it off with reciting the Preamble to the Constitution.  Always a hit :)

This little baby Rafe Densely just couldn't be more adorable.  Bundy is all sorts of baby hungry, and this little guy just pushed him over the edge.
 We brought Emma's lemonade stand that my dad made for her and let her have a practice run for this summer.  The family was very generous in donating to her cause.  The juice was free but she had jokes and songs would perform in exchange for some coins :)

Below is the first and last day of Kindergarten for Emma.  What a WONDERFUL year this has been for her.

My Aunt Carol was Emma's teacher for the last five months of school and it has been so wonderful to spend so much time with her.  I've always thought highly of my aunt, but seeing her and all the effort she gives to these children just sky rockets my admiration for her.  We saw a huge difference when Emma transferred to Carol's class in her reading and math skills.  This was definitely worth the hour and twenty minute drive each day just so she could be in Mrs. Searles class.  A big thanks to Principal Jenkins (who Emma adores and is in a photo below) for making a boundary exception.
 One thing I just adore about Carol's class is that she has a piano in the class room and is a great pianist.  She has taught the kids some darling songs about self confidence and it's been a great learning tool as well.  Emma had a little boyfriend this year.  Kaio.  She was practically consumed with him.  They would hold hands, exchange daily gifts of home made drawings and other trinkets.  I never made a stink about it because I think this phase will run it's course by second grade....or at least I hope it will. 

For the end of the school year celebration Emma got to have her first ever slumber party with Addi Malmberg, her best friend from Ogden.  We don't really do slumber parties, but there's an exception to every rule :)

7 comments:

Lee said...

OK- I had to take notes because there is so much good stuff in this post- and you're not kidding- there were a lot of photos, but I loved everyone. People who don't take pictures and document their lives- I just don't get it. Anywho. . . Loved Porcupine. Can't wait to do that adventure myself! The lambs- so cute and fun for the kids. That before/after pict of you is hilarious. Good for you for putting the before one out there. My admiration for you just grew. I love the pict of Emma and Jaken by the antlers at Jackson. So cute and what a great memory that will be. Don't think I'm not taking notes on how to be a fun grandma from my sisters! I'm so happy you and Ryan got a weekend away and that we could help out with Lydia. Was Bundy able to fix Sara's phone? That looked intense. Brody went through that same thing I'm sure with Jakes. I'm amazed at how much more grown up Emma looks after one school year! And her hair grew a ton. Great May recap!

Kylee said...

Awesome post!! I loved seeing what you've been up to, although all your beautiful pictures of Utah has made me miss living there even more. Oh well, we'll be back some day soon! I'm glad you guys are taking such great advantage of living in such a beautiful, active place! I'm also impressed with the before and after picture. That happened with me once where I was doing a deep condition to my hair, so I had a plastic cap on my head and i was ALSO bleaching my mustache. Brody, my mom and Cam got a great kick out of that one. Good thing they didn't get a picture!

Jessica said...

I loved this post Linny! So many pictures, and so fun! I wish I were there though. I really hope we can do porcupine when we get home. That looks like so much fun. Those lambs are darling and that is so fun that Emma loves them so much. Love the before/after picture of you and of Emma. Her hair did grow a lot in one school year! She is such a cutie! That is so awesome that annie took the kids to yellowstone. She was brave, but I'm sure the kids will remember it forever. How come I've never been to bear world? That looks cool, makes me want to go back to yellowstone. I haven't been forever. How fun that you and Bundy got to go on a little outing together. That place is beautiful, and I love the picture that you took of the temple. That is so crazy that there are so many teeny tiny parts to a phone! Wow!! Did he get it fixed? Love the pictures of Emma doing gymnastics. Carol's class does look so fun! and that IS so cool that she has a piano and plays for them. In the first picture at Gary and Nancy's, I thought Emma was Sara at first, and the girl in front of her kinda looks like Kylee. haha (if they were kneeling down) Love that Emma still does the Preamble. And her lemonade stand is adorable. Rafe is adorable!

Brittney Wimmer said...

What the crap! Where do I even begin! Too much good stuff I want to comment on! First of all, really jelous of Porcipine Dam. Those are the kind of things we talked about doing together all last summer! Looks like it was a blast! I can't believe how much Emma changed from the beginning of kindergarten to the end. She's really growing up! Love the Memorial Day celebrations! Totally done in your families style, all out! Wish we had Emma to recite the preamble for the 4th again. I love hearing the Bundy is getting baby hungry. I hope that's an announcement to trying at least :) I've been meaning to comment on your hair for a while now, LOVE IT! I feel like it looks long lately. Love you and Ryan's little get away. Landon and I need to do that more often. Sounds like the room and breakfast were devine! We miss you guys! Hope all is well. Tell Ryan I'm super impressed that he took on the iPhone. But then again, I never doubted him for a second!

Jord said...

What a post! Your pictures are amazing and I'm so happy that you get to enjoy the outdoors. I love your grunge photo paired with your done up one. It's good to have a contrast for sure. Emma is absolutely darling and I'm so glad she had a great year. She looks like she grew up so much in just 10 months.

Julee said...

So much fun! Emma is so cute! I cannot believe how fast kids grow, that before and after of her is amazing.

Vonnie said...

Wow, what a month! I love keeping up with you this way. Keep going strong. You and Bundy are doing an awesome job with your children.