Sunday, July 8, 2012

Lydia

 This little angel of mine turned three on June 23rd. 

 I absolutely LOVE going the extra mile for my girls because it means so very much to them.  This is Lydia in the morning when she woke up and saw her birthday decorations.

Of course we had to invite all of her piggy friends.  

We had a piggy bank party favor for each of her guests.  We ended the party with a money hunt to find coins to fill their piggy banks with.

This cake is Pinterest inspired

mud puddles were chocolate pudding cups, we had hot dogs wrapped in bread sticks and curly fries as pig tails.

These are Lydia's cousins and Emma's best friend Addi who Lydia considers a good friend as well.  It was really nice having older kids who were so excited for Lydia and happy to be there.

This wasn't planned, but Lydia just dug right into her cake without having a fork or anything.  So I told all the kids they could eat like little piggies and not use utensils, needless to say, they all loved it!


We ended the evening with a friendly visit from some real live pigs!!  

This little girl just lights up our lives.  We're so thankful to have her very sweet and gentle spirit in our family.  We wouldn't be complete without her.  Happy birthday sweet Lydia!!

9 comments:

Cami said...

adorable! you sure are one amazing mom.

Jessica said...

wow what an awesome party for an awesome little girl! Couldn't love her more. And those pigs-- they are huge! Where did you get them? You outdid yourself, as always! Only 11 more days! :)

Kylee said...

This party is amazing! I love the cake and the labels for the food... I never would have thought of all 3 of those food items to relate to a pig themed party. And I love that you let them eat their cake like pigs! Even if it wasn't planned.

Lee said...

Oh, Miss Lydia. How I love that girl. What a sweetie she is, and how deserving of such a memorable party. You knocked it out of the park- as always.

Marianne said...

Lindsey Bundy!! I have been meaning to ask you this question since before you guys sold your house and moved away from Ogden and I always forgot!! Our little J is getting to be that age for preschool and I remember you having your little one in some amazing preschool down here!! Do you still have the name and number for that preschool!??! My email is marianneballen@gmail.com if you grab a sec I'd REALLY appreciate it!! Thanks Lindsey!! P.S. I'm probably just really tired but I couldn't find any contact info on your photography blog??!?? We might be interested in some family pics in Sept?!?!:)

Carrie said...

Ahhh! I'm so glad you updated before you left. Her piggy party turned out so cute! Thanks for inviting Addi up during all the chaos of party decorating. You rock! Can we do a repeat of June in August? pretty please?! We loved every second with our friends, have fun this week! xox

Shannon Allen said...

Linny you are amazing! What lucky little girls you have. Lydia is absolutely precious with that look of excitement!

Jord said...

What a fun party! I love them eating like little piggies and all of the piggy food. It looks like you've had a great summer and I love your list of to-do items. Don't you feel like it's going by too fast?

Brittney Wimmer said...

Come on... You should be a professional party planner! That is the cutest party ever! I'm sure Lydia loved every minute! So glad to see some pics!