Monday, August 27, 2012

JULY

 This summer has been the best summer that I have ever had with my little girls.  We have dazzled them all day, every day.  I took the above photo when we went to Lagoon with Emma.  Best. Day. Ever!!!  I love spending time with my kids like I would spend time with my friends.  I know things can and are a little patchy some times in life, but by golly, we're going to make sure our kids have a great childhood to give them the emotional stability they'll need to face the real world.  I know my wonderful childhood has seen me through some rough times as an adult, and I am so thankful to my parents for that priceless gift they gave me of a happy childhood.


For the Fourth Of July we had a wonderful breakfast at my parent's house with all of my Logan family members.

Then we headed to SLC to enjoy a nice private pool.  Loved playing games, eating pinterest inspired food, and just spending the day with family.
 Afterwards we went with Kylee and Brody for the best little fireworks show in Utah, up in good old Liberty.  I loved having alone time with them and I LOVE the American Spirit up in Liberty.

My parent's "bought" back an old wave runner that I first rode on when I was 10!  That means it's 21 years old!  Sayyyy whaaaat?!  It's actually still quite fun and perfect for taking the kids on a ride around the lake.

We went to many, many pools this month.  Here we are at my mom's cousin's pool.  Pretty sweet trampoline to jump into the water eh?

In a last minute decision we decided to bring Ryan's niece Chloe back from Oregon with us.  She stayed two whole weeks and we definitely showed her a good time.  Ryan took the girls on top of Ben Lomond for an adventure to check out the wild goats.  The views and wildlife kept them buzzing for days....especially Ryan.

Frequenting the Logan pool.

Collecting peacock feathers and visiting a fully functioning farm.

Selling Lemonade from the stand that my dad just "whipped up" for Emma one day.

We set up shop on the corner in my aunt's neighborhood.  The girls made $30!  Granted Emma sang songs and recited the Pre-Amble so that earned her some extra money as well, but still, that's a good chunk of change for a wee girl.


At the end of the month Emma went up to Bear Lake and spent the night with Addi for her birthday party.  Carrie is an inspiration to me and always keeps me on my toes.  I'm so glad Emma has a friend like Addi and I have a friend like Carrie.

Well, it's been a jam packed month, and I don't have nearly the photos to show for the memories we created and adventures we had.  But at least this is a glimpse of the fun that took place in July.

3 comments:

Annie said...

fyi....we NEVER post pictures of our mother's in their swimming suits! Otherwise a fun post for an amazing month!!

Lee said...

Haha Annie! She does have a point. I am so happy that I've just spent an awesome 15 minutes reading and looking at amazing pictures of all these new posts! Great job. That lemonade stand is sooooo cute. You should have the girls do it a few more times before it gets cold. Is it at your house? You have had a fun summer and I"m so happy I was a part of so much of it!

Kylee said...

That backyard with the swimming pool, tons of open space and gorgeous mountain background can't be real. It looks like you photoshopped the pool into a really pretty scenery picture. Craaaazy! I LOVE emma's lemonade stand. I can't believe your dad just whipped that up. It's perfect! Glad you've had such a wonderful summer!