Saturday, September 15, 2012

August


We took Emma to Lagoon for her first time since she was 1.  We had the BEST time spending the day with her like we would a friend.  We left Lydia behind and Ryan, Chloe, Emma and I went on every ride at the park.  Emma was such a sport as we forced her to go on the biggest roller coasters.  There were some tears beforehand, but by the time the ride was over, she was a fan of the adrenaline and kept wanting to go again and again.
 The above random photo is of my latest snack craving from Trader Joe's.  I stocked up in Oregon and I am already planning a trip to SLC to stock up again :)
I LOVE Temple Square during all four seasons, but summer is one of my favorite times on the grounds.
 We moved this month (post to shortly follow) and as we unpacked I came across my long lost friend, Tucky.  This dog was loved to death!!  When I pulled him out of the box I can't even describe how much it tugged at my heart strings.  Not gonna lie, I've been sleeping with him lately, the girls are delighted by the concept of me sleeping with a stuffed animal.

I have loved living in Cache Valley and being closer to Bear Lake.  We've been able to cruise up there for a few day trips.  As always, we love the shallow blue water.  These photos aren't looking so blue because the summer fires had a wicked haze over everything, but when we were out riding around on the lake the color was unreal.

This is how many of our adventures ended this summer....the girls being COMPLETELY wiped out with fun.

Best mom/daughter date ever!  Stacey, Sara and I all bought my mom a Wicked ticket for her birthday.  Before the performance my mom and I went to all of our favorite stores from Logan to SLC.  Then we had our favorite dinner at Thaifoon.  LOVE spending time alone with my mom.

Wicked with my cousins, aunts, and my grandma.  I am so lucky to have such a fun family!

My Aunt Lee scored all of us these tickets, I don't even know how anyone can get their hands on them without the right hook ups.  Lee and I splurged and spent $150 on our tickets so we could be in the front rows.  It was seriously worth every penny.  I will never return to the mezzanine level again!

As our last hoorah before school started Annie took the four Utah grand-kids to SLC for an all day adventure.  We went to Pioneer Village where the kids were in heaven.  Emma longs to be a pioneer and she loved having a look at how their lives must have been.  This place could entertain kids all day!  There was gold mining, school education, pony rides, the general store, train rides, crafts, petting zoo, and the list goes on.

Afterwards we went to the Gateway for Lydia to buy her very first build-a-bear.  No surprise that she bought the exact same bunny as Emma and even gave it the same name.  The rest of the kids all got to pick out a new outfit for their stuffed friends.  They were in heaven!  Then they played in the fountain and we ended the day with a cherry lemonade from corn dog on a stick.  QUITE the day!

My sweet little Emma started first grade on August 23rd.  Going to school all day has been so good for her and she absolutely adores eating hot lunch every day.  I am so thankful that Emma continues to be innately good inside.  Our family is so much better because of her example.

 Paradise puts on the cutest festival I have ever been to.  Seriously, it can't be beat.  The kids get to crawl into a pool and catch their own fish!  All for only $1.  Rides are $5 for an all day unlimited pass.  The food vendors are delicious and very affordable.  The people are fresh out of a Normal Rockwell painting.  This is my favorite activity to ending the summer season.

Family has been the center of our World ever since we moved to Cache Valley.  I'm so thankful we live near so many of them.  Below is a progressive dinner we had one Sunday.  Appetizer's at my mom's, main course at my Aunt Carol's, and dessert at my Aunt Lee's.  Perfect large family activity.

Whenever Ryan takes these girls on a daddy/daughter date he always does something unique and unforgettable.  This is a photo of a river he took them to.  Then they each gathered rocks, one by one, to create this waterfall.  We've gone back to visit this creation and clearly this is a date the girls will never forget.


I am so glad that the girls and I took advantage of the pool while it remained open after school hours before Labor Day.  We pretty much had the entire place to ourselves.  Emma got the courage to not have a lifeguard catch her at the water slide and even to jump into the deep end.  I love the picture of her swimming, she seriously looks like a puppy doing the doggy paddle.  She knows how to swim under water so it makes that photo extra delightful to me.


This has been such a great summer.  We have spent more time together than ever before.  I think for the first time in my life I was ready to welcome the school year and the change of seasons.  I truly feel like my summer cup was filled, I couldn't be more thankful.

5 comments:

Kylee said...

I love that picture you took at Lagoon of the yellow and green roller coaster (can't think of it's name). I think you should send it in to them and tell them to use it for advertising and then give you lots of money. It's such a cool picture! Also, I remember Tucky! That's awesome that you still have him. And I totally sleep with my pillow pet every night and I love it. You are creating such fun memories for your girls and I'm sure they are loving every minute of it. I'm glad you're settled and back on your own and doing well!

Lee said...

That's a cute dress you have on in front of the SLC temple. Wicked. . . oh man- I want to go back. That waterfall Bundy and the girls made is cool. Is that the one at Mac Park? I can't believe how deserted the LAC is! That's awesome.

Annie said...

Kid, you have GOT to start printing off your blog....what a great Christmas gift idea! Loved sharing this wonderful summer with you and the girls.

tutus n bowties said...

Oh how I love Lagoon! So glad you made Emma go on all the big rides. I'm sure she will remember it forever! I'm going to have to try that pineapple snack. Where might one find that? Loved Emma's back to school outfit!

JaNae said...

I'm exhausted just reading this. Looks like you had a rockin month, and summer for that matter.