Sunday, September 23, 2012

Home Sweet Home


 We have recently moved to Hyde Park while we transition into our life here in Cache Valley.
This home has 
3249 sq. feet
6 bedrooms
2 1/2 baths
2 family rooms
1 extra large bonus room
1 garden shed
2 car garage
work benches
3 fireplaces



 This is the front family room.

The before and after of the kitchen are unreal.  I'll have to post the photos sometime when I get them from my mom.
 I'm so happy I finally found a little home for my violin I played when I was just a wee lass.
 I LOVE the natural light of this home.  We rarely have to turn the lights on.  Soooo helpful.

I have this table a little crammed into the corner because we are coming and going from the backyard so often.  However, this dining room is a great size for when we entertain and extend our table out to accommodate a large group.

This is the covered patio off the dining room.  We back a canal and a large field, sooooo lovely having privacy!

This is perhaps my favorite room of the house.  This is the play room/office.  The girls play in here for hours and I can sit at the computer and do my work.  It's a win/win for the whole family.  

Lydia's Room.
 I saw this on pinterest, so helpful.  You put a pool noodle under their fitted sheet and it serves as a bed rail.  Way better than having those large, bulky rails up.
 If you're renting, these banners are a great way to add color to a room without having to paint.

Emma's room.  This is the one wall in the house that we did paint.  And let me tell you, it was a doozy!!!  Glad it's over, and also I love how it turned out.

I took a tip from pinterest and painted Emma's fan pink.  We are fan people and it's nice not to have to hide it away every morning.  I redid Emma's old dresser with new paint and new fabric to the side of it.  The Eiffel tower is Emma's night light, I found those rose lights at Cannon Beach, they're my favorite!  Both the girls are funny, after all the work I go through on their rooms (and they really do love them and are so appreciative about it) their favorite thing is their light switch plates, go figure.

This is the girl's bathroom.....
 ....that connects to our bathroom.  We thought we would hate this at first, but it's actually QUITE nice.
 our bathroom
 Our bedroom

Another pinterest inspired project.   Except I used fabric and starch and pinterest suggest paper and modge podge.  I love how this turned out :)

Our bedroom has a sliding glass door that leads out to this deck and the backyard.

 My favorite part of this yard....the hammock and a good book!!

That cement square is a basket ball court, which we have transformed into an art studio specializing in sidewalk chalk drawings.

If you go downstairs we have our laundry room that leads to the garage

An extra family room that we don't use, as well as an extra bedroom that we use for storage.

This spare room is used to store all of our coats (we have quite the collection) and is also where Ryan gets some peace and quiet to do his homework.

Our guest bedroom has ZERO windows.  So if ever you want to sleep in, this is the place to do it.  Also this is my favorite room to nap in :)

The guest bathroom

Well, that's it.  Hopefully we will be here for a while.  I counted, and it's not pretty, but since Lydia was born (3 years ago) we have called 9, yes......N-I-N-E different places home.  Yeah.  We're hoping for some stability, but we'll just take it one day at a time.  We're so happy to be here and I just need to give a shout out to my parents (especially my mom) for making it happen.

11 comments:

Lee said...

You have definitely made this house a home. You have a real talent for that you know. I just love how it all turned out. I haven't sen a few things that are awesome- like your ceiling fan...so cool & creative.

Jessica said...

What a great home you have made this place! I have not even seen the guest room yet. So cute... Can't wait to stay there. :) and I love the ceiling fan as well. 9 homes huh? Wow that's a lot! I can only think of 6. I wonder which ones I'm forgetting about.

Kylee said...

Ahhh I LOVE it! It looks so awesome! But I knew it would :) I love the balcony deck you have in your bedroom, I love the girl's rooms and that the playroom and office are the same, what a perfect set-up! Love all the pinterest-inspired projects too. Oh and the backyard is to die for! You have a great view of the mountains, a field a hammock AND a canal! What more could you ask for in a backyard?? Can't wait to see it in person and maybe stay there? Let shoot for a season when there won't be any spiders in your basement :) I'm so happy for you and your new place!

Carol said...

You truly have a gift! Your house is beautiful - we enjoyed spending Labor Day in it with you!

Valerie: said...

Love what you have done with the place! I love all your decorating. Everything about it sooooooo cute. How exciting you have your own place. Did you buy or rent? Is it close to where your parents live? I have heard of cache valley but don't know where it is. I am not so good with Utah and its cities. Hahah

JaNae said...

Looks great. . .and how nice to have all that space! Super jealous :) Hopefully you guys settle in for a while.

Annie said...

Is it just me or is that "b.s." the best part of the tour!!! Just saying. You are lucky and I will try my best to keep the luck going! Trace made it a great house and you have made it a great home.

Carrie said...

BEAUTIFUL! I'm so happy for you. and a little jealous! You definitely have a way with decorating and I can't believe all that space! We wouldn't know WHAT to do. I'm for sure coming for a sleepover!

Cami said...

I totally noticed the BS like your Mom! Linny you have AMAZING talent! I love your style and the charm you incorporate into each room. I'm Ubber happy for you.

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Your house is so cute! You always do a great job decorating I like to look at your blog and steal ideas! That is actually where I saw the idea to go to Thors Well. It was only about a hour and half from us so it was a great place to go explore. I don't know if you guys stopped at the spouting horn but it was at the same spot. When you came down the stairs to see the spouting horn it was off to the right it was not to far down the road from the Devils Churn. But you had to go at high tide or it would just look like a whole in the ground. Maybe next time you come out you can go see it and give us a call maybe we will meet you down there!

Jord said...

Wow! I can't believe you got everything set up so well and so quickly. I love your homes and hope you always show them off because it gives great ideas to the rest of us. Hopefully we can see it in person someday!