Wednesday, November 7, 2012

October


 We continued to take advantage of this beautiful fall weather and colors.  One night we went up to third dam and had a fantastic FHE.  My mom went all out with the decorations.  I put together a nature scavenger hunt and we divided into teams.  A few of the things you had to find are posted above.  A leaf with a bite out of it, something beautiful, a photo of your team member with their feet not touching the ground, a treasure (that's Emma.)
 Then we had an awesome lesson given by Bundy.  Might I just say that I LOVE the spirit that man has with him.


For UEA we went to SLC with my mom and the girls.  We first stopped at This is the Place park.  We panned for gold, rode the train, and toured David O McKay's home.  

Then we made our way to City Creek for the girl's to buy something at the Disney Store with the money they have been saving.  


We toured Temple Square and then went to Gateway where we were crushed to discover that Thaifoon had closed down.  We salvaged the day with dinner at Z'Tejas.  On our way home we picked up Emma's best friend Addi to come and spend the night with us, and unfortunately I didn't snap one single photo.  


Providence has the cutest mini golf course.  This time of year it is decorated for Halloween.  They go all out.  It was apparently scary enough that Emma couldn't fall asleep that night.  Kids!  We went with my mom, Sara, and our kids.

My most favorite uncle in the whole widest world was able to get away for a few days and come visit the family in Utah.  I hope that doesn't offend any of my other uncles, but let's face it, they don't read this blog, and my Uncle Paul does!!  So if that's not best uncle then I don't know what is :)
We had an adventure on Betty and drove over to Liberty for lunch at Eats.  Then had a family party that night with the rest of the Logan Clan.

Here's Lydia DeNae and her new lamb to add to her collection, she named her Silky the Milky.

One day Lydia was being a little ham so I told her an expression or feeling and then she would give me a pose for it.  Crazy is my favorite!!

We've enjoyed many adventures taking our bikes up Logan Canyon and biking along the trail up to Second dam for a picnic.  We did it one day with my mom and the Pete boys as well.  

My favorite activity of the month was going to Ogden and hooking up with all of our Vivint friends from the summer in Oklahoma.  

We met at the Junction in Ogden and visited for hours.  Then I put together an amazing race at the Junction.  You had to find the employee listed below to get your next clue, get a hole in one at glow in the dark mini golf, take a photo in front of someone surfing, take a photo of an upcoming movie, win tickets at the arcades, Find a scale to weigh yourself on, and the list goes on.  Everyone really got into it and we all had a great night!


These two girls are just best friends.  I hope it lasts forever!!!

We had the Jensens over one night for a new recipe and some Jenga

We had dinner in the family room and had a picnic on the floor for FHE.  

What I love about 3 year olds is that almost everything is a new experience to them.  Their memory's aren't great, so although they have done a lot of these activities before, it's like they;re doing it for the first time.  Here's Lydia's process of gutting a pumpkin.  She looks thoroughly disgusted, and then ends it with delight!

We enjoyed letting the girls think that Ryan's hand was to be stuck inside that pumpkin forever.  Check out the looks on their faces :)


My mom went ALL OUT with her Halloween party this year.  I could hardly bring myself to eat those "scabs and earwax" treats.  Everything was delicious though, despite the appearance. 




The kids went to every door inside the house, and trick or treated.  There was a lot of ground to cover!
In the above photo my dad had a spook alley in his office.  It truly was disturbing.  Lydia is still suffering from the effects of his production.  In the end, he did give each of the kids their own personal Halloween themed cake.  So some sugar helped to chase the trauma away.

Then we played a plethora of games, including recording a scary story and listening to the story form last year.  It was fun to hear how the kid's voices had changed in a year's time. 

Here's just a few of the Halloween decorations in our home. For girl's night the girls made those mesh ghosts and placed them in random locations throughout the house.  

We went to the Blue Bird in Logan for their Halloween photos.  



Halloween couldn't have been more beautiful.  We had Sara, Cody and their boys and my parents come over for dinner and then we all went trick or treating together.  Lydia was thrilled by everything and it was so nice not having to push a stroller this year.  I just love Holidays!!!

6 comments:

Lee said...

Way to get your post done before the end of the month! It's no wonder you put it off with so many fun activities and pictures to write about. The dress and sweater you're wearing in SLC is sure cute, as is that photo of you and Bundy w/ the temple in the background. And I like your glasses. I didn't know The Willows was so into the holiday spirit. Was it crowded? You're right, I don't think Mike reads your blog, but if he did, he would be crushed to learn that he's not #1. Lydia's faces. . . haha. My favorite is the sassy one. She could grow up to be an actress. I love how much your girls love each other. Ann and Trace's party should be in a magazine somewhere. It was so cool. I love everyone's costumes. That black and white shirt you're wearing is especially cute. The bluebird shoot is fabulous too. Great job on recapping a perfect month.

Kylee said...

Whaaaat?? Thaifoon shut down? Noooooo! Where am I going to go to get the best lettuce wraps EVER? That is the saddest news all day. Aside from that though, I loved this post. I already commented about the girls costumes and annie's party, but I love it all! I really like the picture of you and ryan in front of the temple and you have your glasses on. Uncle Paul IS the best. I love the photoshoot you did with Lydia and all her different faces.

JaNae said...

I love your girl's costumes and cute little photo shoot, very adorable. Also, can I just say WOW! to that Halloween party! Your parents really do go all out--nice work! Seeing your pictures makes me miss beautiful Utah. I also love the silly pictures of Lydia :)

JaNae said...

Oh, I forgot to say too that I just love your scavenger hunts!

Holls said...

I love those pictures at the bluebird!!! And of course the costumes:) so its a deal about getting together, but you do know that leaves us about a month! Have you heard of Yum cafe? Probably, it's an Oregon thing. My aunt brought me some Yum sauce and I want to have you over for lunch for Yum bowls. So let me know when works for you when you come down here next.

Annie said...

I think this was one of your best posts. But who can say for sure. Reading it in Petra makes me miss you and home! The house we went to was Brigham Youngs tho. Not David O..just saying!