Sunday, January 20, 2013

First half of Christmas

 Christmas was so magical this year, more so than any other.  The girls LOOOOVED getting their greeting from Santa with a special message just for them.  Santa knew their names, what they were asking for, and even had photos of them in his naughty and nice book.
 I didn't take photos of all our Christmas decor, but this is just some of my favorites from my small collection.


The girls have their own tree and every year they get an ornament to represent something from the previous year.  This year the elf gave them ornaments to represent the themes from their birthday parties.

Ryan is such a rock star of a dad and husband.  He does all the gross stuff that I can't handle....including weird rashes and viruses such as warts and what not.  After a lot of research online he found that Apple Cider Vinegar is the cure-all for pretty much any ailment.  Sure enough, it worked like a charm on a virus Emma had and it even got rid of a plantar wart on the bottom of Em's foot.  Just a few drops of vinegar, cover it with band-aids, and let the ailment die out.  No doctors necessary.  

This season we read The Night Before Christmas and the girls memorized it, Lydia knows the whole entire story.  They recited it any chance they could get and loved having another number to add to their performance repertoire.  The best is when Emma would get a little stuck on her parts and Lydia would whisper to her what her lines are. 

I L-O-V-E getting Christmas cards.  I think it's one of my favorite parts of the whole Christmas season.  I love seeing people's creative cards and also hearing updates and seeing photos of how their family is doing.  I hope that this won't phase out now that we have facebook, blogs, and text pictures, because this really is a highlight of the season.  

I let Emma have a small Christmas party with a few friends from class.  I was surprised when they all came, I was thinking that some wouldn't.  Thankfully another mom offered to help drive the kids up to my parents and stick around for the party.  I made little milk snowman drinks, red and green sandwiches, fruit, and sugar cookies.
 

They played a few games.....

...wrote their wish list on special magical balloons that I ordered from the North Pole, and then released them up into the sky for the elves to collect.  Since they were magic balloons, they would just fly right back to the North Pole.  
 They also played in the gym....but mostly they were all kinds of CRAZY and ran around like they have never been to a party before.

They look so sweet and innocent here.....but these kids know how to have a good time!!

I have been loving having a membership to the Sports Academy.  Emma had a friend who took her one day for swimming and then smoothies at the bar.

A play date at Papa and Annie's....they have everything a little girl could ask for.

Finally....FINALLY we got together with our friends the Stowers.  We used to do EVERYTHING with them.  They drove up to Logan and we enjoyed having a whole day to catch up and hang out.  Lily and Emma have been friends since birth and it's been fun to see them grow up together. The picture below was 3 Christmases ago when Holly and I took them to the Nutcracker.
 Our younger kids don't quite have the bond that the older girls have, but it'll happen :)

Emma is my dad's biggest fan.  She was over the moon about having a real date with him.  He took her out to eat and then to see a performance of the Christmas Carol.  She's not interested in playing games on his phone or watching a show in the car, she just likes to sit up front and talk and visit with Papa.  I always wished I had a Grandpa, and I am so thankful for the relationship Emma has with my dad.  

We closed out the first half of the month with a killer party thrown by my Aunt Carol.  She hosted it inside her Kindergarten classroom.  The food was fabulous, as always.  There were 3 tables just as full and yummy as the one pictured below.

We had some really fun minute-to-win-it games.  Including this one to see who can make the tallest whip cream tower.
 Jaken wasn't too happy with me when I dunked his face in the whip cream afterwards, but that's what aunts are for, right?
 This was such a fun party.  I think Carol had nearly ten games and prizes to boot!  I LOVE living by family!!

Well, that's part one of Christmas.  It's hard to think it can get any better...but just you wait :)

6 comments:

Kylee said...

I loved this post and can't wait to see part 2! I always love seeing all the pictures to the events I hear about. I hope you never stop putting in as much detail and pictures as you do, because I love every single one of them. I hope I can remember all these awesome traditions you do with your girls, it just makes the whole season extra fun and exciting!

Carrie said...

Such a fun mom! I am so proud of you for blogging, it has been on my back burner but determind to make it a priority! I look forward to your posts! Christmas is so overwhelming it takes twice as long to sort through photos let alone journal about them. Love all your parties! Your girls are both growing up and that is so sad because I used to not notice as much but we haven't seen you guys forever. Love that your dad takes Emma on dates and love your Christmas decor. Can't wait for part 2!

Lee said...

I was going to say what Ky said about seeing the pictures of the events I had only heard about. I love that. You always have the best pictures of almost every fun event in your life, and I love that (well, I do realize that I sometimes give you pictures I took at an event, but you usually are the one snapping away). I like that picture of me with the candy cane- I hadn't seen it before. I loved the girls' performance of the night before Christmas- so sweet. I also love the date Emma had with Trace. What a great tradition. I'm on pins and needles for part 2!

Jessica said...

I can't believe I am just now seeing this post!! I loved everything about it! I have so much to say- first off, I LOVE all your Christmas decorations!! What is up with all those bandaids on Emmas back!? I had no idea she had a virus. :( poor girl! That Christmas party that you had for Emma and her friends looks so magical. You are so good at those kind of things! They look like a cute bunch of kids. I love Emma and Trace's little relationship. So fun for them! And, Carols party looked so fun, wish I could have been there!

Brittney Wimmer said...

Wow Linds. Wow.... I'm runnign out of words to say. You are truly amazing! I don't know how I'm ever going to live up to this standard. You are the most incredible mom ever! I love to look at your blog because it's the recharge I always need to do better and be better! You're awesome. My only regret is that I'm not your daughter! Will you please pretend once in a while and throw me a party too?

Jord said...

What a great Christmas! Your girls are so adorable and I love all of the traditions that you have with them. Way to go on having a kid Christmas party. I'm sure they all loved it. The party in Carol's room looked awesome too! Being in school after hours is always a treat.