Saturday, April 20, 2013

MARCH

 Following in the tradition my mom set, we alternate every other birthday with a "Family Birthday" one year and a "Friends Birthday" another year.  However, Emma's birthday celebration got replayed about four different times this year, lucky girl.  Here we are crashing in on Brad's birthday celebration at Texas Roadhouse and we let Emma get some of the birthday attention as well.  She loves the birthday saddle and getting a "Yeeeee-Haaaaaaaaaaa!"

Afterwards we went back to the Jensens for gifts, dessert, and survivor.  Here's Lydia, my funny little diva.  She loves to dress herself, change outfits multiple times a day, and wear these non prescription glasses as an accessory.  

The leprechaun came and left the girls quite the "lucky loot." 

I made them each a rainbow in a jar, telling them they're the gold at the end of my rainbow.

We had a progressive dinner with my extended family and enjoyed getting our Kylee and Brody time in.  They've been visiting for spring break and we've tried to see them as much as possible.  

We really enjoyed supporting my cousin Jake as he went through the temple for the first time.  If this were Instagram I would label this photo as follows.....
#likealittlebrother#closerthananephew#butreallyjustmycousin

Still trying to get our Kylee and Brody fill we crashed a Jensen dinner and then joined them all for bowling afterwards.  I'm just joking when I say we "crashed" the party, because honestly, it's not a party without us there ;)



Okay.  Let's get something straight.  A first grader does not do a science fair project....her parents do.  I'm okay with it though, because besides the board, the research and the actual experiment, what Ryan and I are really doing is getting Emma excited about learning and pushing herself to think outside the box.

Emma had a great time and was beside herself over the medal she won.  Her project was Cartesian Divers.  It was less of an experiment than a visual aide showing how air pressure causes objects to sink or float. 


A real treat for us is when Ryan's parents were passing through town and had some time to come over for a slumber party.  We loved having them in our home and letting the girls get some grandparent time. 


For Easter my parents and I took my girls and the Pete boys to the park for a yummy picnic. 

My parents put on a great egg hunt....

 ...and then we ended with the annual Royal Egg Joust, a hit every year.

 When we got home we gave the girls a talk about the importance of sisters.  We told them we had a little surprise gift for them to share since they are so sweet to each other.  So they went on a hunt throughout the house looking for a gift...what awaited them was in the basket. 




Lydia hugging her dad for making this possible.....yeah, like HE was the one behind it all.
 Holland Lop Bunny....$40
Rabbit cage $52
 Rabbit food, mulch, and litter box....$24

Creating a magical childhood.....priceless

Let me be slightly honest....I got the rabbit for ME, just as much as anyone else.

8 comments:

Kylee said...

I am loving all these posts that are coming out of you! You look so pretty in that last picture and I LOVE how excited the girls are about the bunny. Those pictures of them seeing the bunny for the first time are priceless. Great job on the science fair you parents! That's interesting they had 1st graders do a project. At my school (both when I was a kid and the one I work at now) it was only the 5th graders.

Jessica said...

I love that little no named bunny of yours!! ;) It has seriously made me want a bunny of my own and causing some arguments with Brad and I-- darn allergies!! And you look very pretty in that last picture! You are seriously the cutest mom there ever was. You are right- its not a party without the Bundys!! What a cute and fun idea to put your picnic in an egg carton!

Lee said...

Are the girls and I your biggest fans or what? If we're not your first three commenters, somethings wrong. . . March was a divine month. So many fun happenings. The bunny, birthdays, Easter, Hatch's visit, Jake's temple- all so fun. Those were nice things you said about Jake. Love it.

Vonnie said...

Just checking in to see what the Bundy's are up to. It looks like you're having a great time and enjoying spring.

Annie said...

You DO have a fun and exciting life, even if I do say so my damnself!

Jamie Jo said...

I haven't checked Blogger since last year I don't think. When did Emma turn into a clone of Ryan? If he had hair, of course. And I want your bunny. Is it still small? They aren't as cute when they grow. Is it even still alive?

JaNae said...

You guys and your bunnies make me laugh. I can't say I enjoy bunnies but I suppose I'd take one over a dog ;) You guys are always throwing the cutest celebrations, lucky girls to have you as their mama.

Jord said...

That bunny is adorable and you are completely right about the parents doing the 1st grade project! Emma's divers are so great. We helped Lauren make an awesome desert animal habitat if I do say so myself.