Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Seventh Heaven


I had so much fun with Emma taking her 7 year old birthday photos.  We lucked out and had the PERFECT weather for the setting....thick, heavy, fog.  We just went out in the field behind our house and the fog worked as our friend.  I let Emma just do whatever poses she wanted, and boy did she work it!!!  I was so happy to have one last photo shoot of her with her sweet, tiny, baby teeth. 







For scheduling reasons we celebrated her birthday a week early and had a party at a hotel in SLC with my mom and Jaken as our guests.  

I got us a two bedroom suite at this awesome hotel


All Emma wanted for her birthday was new barbies.  Everyone delivered and she was a happy girl!

Emma is good through and through.  She made 3 birthday wishes since it took three times to blow the candles out.  Later I got her to tell me what her wishes were and my heart just melted.  She didn't wish for anything worldly or selfish.  Wish 1. For another little sister  2.  That we can always have the best family ever.  3.  That Jaken will always love her.

After swimming and dinner in the room, we went down to the theater room and watch Rise of the Guardians.  My mom, Ryan and I took notes and then afterwards had a great discussion about the amazing symbolism in the film with our Earth life experience.  


On Emma's actual birthday we had these balloons all prepared to fall in on her when she opened the door in the morning.

Then I made her favorite breakfast, eggs on toast, hash browns, and bacon.  She had a brand new outfit waiting for her and also more presents.

I don't know who loves this barbie more, she or I.  Look at her.  Isn't she beautiful.  And check out that pinterest inspired backdrop, to die for!!

Then during the day I let Emma pick a friend to take to lunch.  I bought both the girls matching shirts and we all had a great lunch at Olive Garden before returning them back to school. 

5 comments:

Lee said...

I have no words! Seriously. . . you are a wonder. I feel so sorry for all the children in the world who don't have you as their mothers. I know my girls are taking notes on all the amazing things you do, so at least my future grandchildren have a chance of having as magical a childhood as your girls have had. The effort and work you go to (I know it's a labor of love) to make special occasions so magical will pay off far into the future. I salute you!

Kylee said...

What a sweet, sweet girl that Emma is! You better believe I'm taking notes on all this stuff. We'll see if it actually ever turns out half as cute as yours. I love the balloons falling in when she opens the door. At first I thought they were taped and would make a loud popping noise when the door opened and I thought, that isn't very nice, but after reading on I realized they are probably stuck on with saran wrap, so now I think it's a grand idea!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh-- I totally commented on this post already, where did it go?? grrr.. and not kidding you it said, "what a sweet sweet girl that Emma is!" haha are me and Kylee sisters or what? But it is true, she is so sweet and I can't believe how big she is. You are such a good mom and I love love the pictures you took of her. That hotel looks magical, and I"m so glad she had such a fun birthday!

Shannon Allen said...

You are the best mom ever! What a special day for Emma!

JaNae said...

My goodness Emma is getting so old! Sheesh. What an awesome birthday, seriously though! I'd be completely happy if that's how I celebrated my birthday now :)