Friday, July 26, 2013

Sisters Retreat- Cannon Beach

 We had an amazing sisters trip for the weekend out to Cannon Beach.  My mom put this whole party together and I am so thankful for her intuition that it's exactly what we needed.  We all met up at Stacey's house and then drove the 2.5 hours out to the coast.  On the drive down Stacey and Sara got their nap in and then we all did some car yoga, which is much harder than it sounds.

 We stopped at Camp 18 and had THE best clam chowder I have ever tasted.
 We also stopped along the way to do a letter boxing adventure that Jamie introduced us too.  I am VERY excited to do this with my kids too.  This photo below is of us doing our cousin Tracey's famous pose.
 We checked in to our beautiful condo.  My mom tricked us into thinking we were staying in a dumpy place, and lo and behold, Daddy Warbucks takes care of his girls :)

 We had MANY, MANY walks along the beach.  Some days were nicer than others, but come rain or shine, we were on that stretch of sand.
 I promised Emma I would find her a sand dollar, it's actually not that easy to do, so I was thrilled when I did in fact find an unbroken dollar.


We also did my FAVORITE hike out to Oswald State Park.  
 You go through tree tunnels, across bridges, and end up out on a very narrow cliff above a punch bowl ocean cavern.

 The cliff is rather dangerous, and my dad would have been beside himself to see us out there, but we had to get some good photos :)


 
 
 We had many walks into town for shopping, doughnuts, the candy store, and of course Pizza A Fetta.

 The absolute highlight for me was checking off a bucket list goal....riding cruiser bikes along the coast. Of course it rained the entire ride, but thanks to my NW sisters, they encouraged me to not let the rain ruin my goals and to just bike on as though it were a beautiful clear day.  It was very hard to see through the rain, and we were soaked to the bone.  However, I was ear to ear smiles and I'm so thankful for these sissies who braved the weather just for me.


Every meal we ate was absolutely amazing.  We were the only table in the restaurant without a glass of wine in front of us and yet we were still the loudest.  The five of us together have the best chemistry. 
 


We had THE best time together.  I can't even remember the last time I laughed so loud, and for so long, and pretty much every second.  A big special thanks to my parents for making this trip possible.  A thanks to my husband for having a great attitude about staying home with our girls.  I hope girls trips come along more often, they're so good for the soul.

2 comments:

Annie said...

You girls are my only form of therapy needed to brave life's bumps! Wonderful recap Linz. Thanks for all you did to add to the magic. I especially loved the pictures of the beach biking. So happy our family loves to recreate in the outdoors. We are very fortunate to have lived in Portland for ten years.

Kylee said...

This looks like so much fun!! I'm glad you didn't let the weather prevent you from checking off a life goal. I love that you and your sisters had such a great time together!