Wednesday, July 31, 2013

JUNE (also known as MEGA post)



The girls had their end of the year dance recital and loved every minute of it.  It was especially sweet watching them be in the same dance studio and participating in this right of passage together. 
 

Summer is here!!!!  Need I say more?

When my parents went to Africa they connected us with the sweetest young man named Jote.  He lives in a boy's orphanage down in Ethiopia.  He has Facebook and we've really enjoyed sharing a connection with him.  He calls Emma and Lydia his little sisters.  We were soooooo very touched when he sent the girls a package all the way from Africa!!!  It had this hat, scarf, necklaces and sandals.  Truly, I can't bare to think of the sacrifice it must have been for him to send something to these little girls.  It really means so much to all of us. Here is Emma posing it up....this girl of mine....I'm worried!!!

 Annie and I took the kids on an all day adventure to the Dinosaur Park and also Heber and Park City.  It was a looooooooooong but eventful day!


Before the heat got to hot I enjoyed beautiful hikes in the mountains right behind our house.  This hike below entails me, Lee, a wooden palette, and an angry tractor driver. 

Jessica came home for a week from her Vivint summer and we enjoyed seeing her as much as we could. 

With Ryan working during the days I have to take the girls with me when I work for Uncle Mike.  A special thanks to Lee and Cam for being so good to play with these girls and be so good to them. 

Many days spent at Logan swimming pool. 

What can I say about these two cousins?  Emma and Jaken.  They warm my heart.  The truly are best friends.  He'll be the brother she'll never have, and he'll probably be nicer to her than a brother ever would've been.  

We spend a lot of our time up at my parents....gee....I wonder why!

Look how OLD Lydia is getting!!!  I can't believe she is my BABY!!


Ryan spent a few days helping my dad put in this swimming pool....
 Here is the end result
 Above photo: Emma continues to get hurt.  Bless her heart.
Below: Lydia thought this poster at Buffalo wild wings was the funniest thing she had ever seen.  That's fluffy the pig she's holding, she usually comes everywhere with us.  I love that pig as much as she does.
 Sooooo.....this is a little wedding that I just had to crash.  My aunt got an invitation to the reception and the invitation itself was to die for!  So I knew that the reception would be amazing.  I just love a good party.  My aunt couldn't attend, so Lydia and I went and oooed and awwwed, and also left with some cotton candy.  There's a fair chance that crashing weddings might be my new thing.

We got out the birthday tree.  We set it up and decorate it.  Then it's like an advent calendar.  Every day leading up to the birthday you get to hang one candy ornament.  When all the ornaments are hung then it's your birthday!!  I've found it's a great way to help the little girls understand the concept of time.

Lydia's birthday will be a post all of it's own, but here is a photo from her birthday shoot.

The girls LOOOOOOOOOOVE to car dance!  Hmmmm, I wonder where they get it from. 

Watching a video that Jaken sent.  They were tickled that he specifically said hi to them. 

This darling sister of mine came for a visit!  It's always a great week when the Lakes come to town. 

Emma spent the entire week up at my parents with all the cousins.  She was in heaven!  Yep, that's a black bunny Camdyn is holding like a baby. 

One day we had a Land I Love Party.  We had themed foods, Patriotic songs,  and then we all went around and shared a song, poem or story about American History.  It's a family tradition and very important to instill patriotism into this generation, it seems that society isn't going to be doing that anymore.

We had a party at Aunt Lee's one night, complete with yummy food, games, and visiting. 

 Another day we all went to Bear Lake.  There is no description necessary for the joys of Bear Lake.




Annie and Papa always did a great job of entertaining the kids.  Hikes, adventures, camping, the works!

 This awesome day we went to Bountiful to have a BBQ at the Call's pool.  The water slide, grilling area, and overall ambiance just make for the perfect day!

 We washed it down with a beautiful sunset.  I know these two photos are similar, but I couldn't pick which one I liked best.

 The last of the Romney family was married.  I adore these new member to the family.  Chelsea is THE most beautiful bride I have ever seen. It was great attending their reception.  I believe that I spoke to every single Romney family member, which was great since I hardly get to see them on anything more than Instagram.  Below is a photo of us with the Smith cousins.  Too bad that some people's eyes are nearly closed, mouths open, heads turned, but it's the only photo I got and I just love these cousins so I had to post it.

On Stacey's last night everyone went up to my parent's for one last night of games and cackling. 
 I truly adore my sister Stacey.  She has been so generous and kind to me ever since I was a little girl.  She has NEVER once done a single thing that is worthy of an apology.  THAT is amazing.  She is a very large reason that I needed to make sure that I had at least two girls so that they could have the joy of a sister.
 Lydia continued the month as the little cheeser she is.  She loves her new minnie mouse pajamas from Aunt Lee and her math from Aunt Carol.

At the end of the month my mom and I headed to the Gateway to check out the chalk arts festival.  It did NOT disappoint. 

 What a GREAT month this has been!!!  Life in Utah is truly amazing.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

WOW!! Where do I even start?? Can i just say I love every picture and I wish I was there to join in most of these activities. :( But I am glad I got to go home for a few days and seeing you guys lots. The girls' dance pictures are to die for! What are you saying when you say that Jaken is the brother Emma will never have.... she could still have a brother- right? right??? What happened to Emma's toe? Poor girl! I love that you crashed that wedding- it's such a great idea though! It looked absolutely fabulous. I love the birthday tree tradition that you have. I'm glad you had so much fun with the Lake's while they were there, it's so great that you two are such great friends. You look really pretty in those pictures at bear lake. Looks like you guys had a terrific month! Looking forward to your next posts

Kylee said...

Ok, get ready for a long comment. I love the girls' dance pictures and I LOVE the picture of all the kids in front of the t-rex. It really looks like he's coming after them! I love Emma's top bun or whatever you call those things, I wish I had thick hair like hers. The picture of Lydia and Annie is super cute. I can't believe they have a pool AND a trampoline now!! As if their house wasn't already the cool place to hang out. Who knew it could get any better! Can I call you a wedding crasher now? I think I know who's wedding that was, but I won't say it over the open internet. It looks magical though. I'm in love with the picture you added from Lydia's birthday photo shoot and can't wait to see more!! I also love the birthday tree tradition. Did Jaken send the girls a video or was that supposed to say Jake? I'm guessing Jake. Looks like you had a great time with the Lakes and at Bear Lake, etc. Lydia looks especially grown up in the pictures at BL with her bangs pulled back. That sunset is pretty good, for the Salt Lake valley. It's ALMOST as good as a Cache Valley sunset. The chalk festival looks amazing!! I want to go to one of those sometime. Ok, I think that's it. Thanks for the long post, I loved it! :)

Lee said...

What more can I say that my girls haven't already said. Don't you just love how devoted to your family they are? I've trained them well. . . :) I'm so happy I've been a part of so many fun June activities. Sadly, this hasn't been the case in July. . . June was definitely a fun month. In part because of the Lake's visit. It was magical! Is that an OK place to use that word??? I love that you took that picture of the girls watching Jake's video. Yes Jake, not Jaken. haha.

Brittney Wimmer said...

Oh come on! Do the good times ever stop for the Bundy's? This is the life! Linds you really know how to make everything the best it could be! Those smiles your girls are rockin aren't forced! Those are happy kids! No one does the job of mom better than you! Oddly, out of this whole post, the thing that stood out to me most was the picture of Lydia and that chicken. Just so funny! Totally wish we could crash weddings together! We could make it a serious weekend hobby! We could start a business writing up reviews on the best weddings :) Your parents pool looks AMAZING! We might have to hit you up for a pool day next time we're there. Let's get planning the next Bundy/Wimmer reunion!