Friday, January 16, 2009

Home sweet home

A friend of mine reminded me that I hadn't ever finished posting pictures of our home. So here are the rest of the pictures. It was last May I believe that I posted pictures of our bedrooms, the nursery, guest bath and living room, but we do in fact have another half to our house and here it is. I'm always rearranging and have corners where I'm still waiting to add something, but as of this very day this is the place we love to call home.
This is our little dining area. I love the bench, if anyone is considering buying a bench for their table. It is very handy. The chairs we bought from D.I. five years ago and Ryan took them apart and reassembled them to be stronger and then we painted them and they have done us proud all these years. Those pillars are very weird to some people, but they're just something my family is into and I love them.

Ryan made this shelf for me when we first moved into the house. The rest of it is all from Tai Pan, which I adore.








This family room and the two rooms below it were unfinished when we bought our house. Ryan did most of the work himself since he has a major problem paying someone to do a job that he can do himself, even if he doesn't have the time for it, it's a whole principle thing.
We've made Emma a little play corner behind the couch where we have her joy school. It looks quite small because of her tent, but it's perfect for just her. She plays here the best when it's bedtime. If you tell her it's bedtime she will go in her tent and play with her care bears or dolls for a good while. She talks out loud and we just love hearing how creative her little imaginary World is.
I bought this old window on ebay and have been playing around with it. I still need to put one more picture in the corner. I'm not LOVING the color of it. I think I might paint it red or black, not sure which. But for now it's a great way to display a lot of our favorite photos.




This is our very small office. The house had a horrible basement floor plan which made it difficult for us to decide what to do with it. So in the end we decided to make two bedrooms with good sized closets for storage. Our other option was to make one large room that was awkwardly shaped but had a full bath. In the end, the was the better idea for our family, especially with Ryan's office out of our home.
In the office closet is where we keep our food storage. For Christmas my parents gave us a very generous food supply. You know you're an adult when you are completely thrilled with the idea of food storage as a Christmas gift. This rack has two more shelves on top and in the next closet are MRE boxes, dry goods, water and other supplies. It's such a good feeling, thanks mom and dad!
I have some flowery chairs from my mom that are her rejects, but I gladly take them, because it's either that or nothing, or buy something I love and have to make payments on it. So our home is very eclectic between things we bought, and things we're given. Either way, we're very thankful.




This is Emma's big girl room. I haven't put up her decorations and finishing touches. I'm saving that for her 3rd birthday which is March 1st. But I have a lot of cute ideas that I can't wait to try out.

7 comments:

SaraPete said...

Your house is so DARLING Linny!! Bundy did awesome on the diamonds! I have always wsnted those, but DO NOT have the patience or skills to attempt them!

Jamie Jo said...

Very Darling! I love Emma's big girl room. I have got to paint my girls room so it is finished. I have some brown paint to throw on the walls. I hope I can get to it soon. But I think I want to do mine first.

Cami said...

Your home decorating skill is a true TALENT. I am always in aw every time I go there and see how drasticly things have changed just by you moving the furniture from room to room. AMAZING! I Love the whole thing.

Hethrjem said...

I'm drooling. Your house should be in a magazine!

Erin said...

Rather then just peek at your blog and never leave a comment, I thought I would this time :) You house is BEAUTIFUL (and SO clean!) I am glad you and your cute family starting coming to our ward! We look forward to getting to know you guys better! Congrats on the your news above!!

Vonnie said...

Great house. Great news. Great name. Love the food storage. You've got a great life Lindsey girl!

The Plewe Clan said...

I am so impressed with all your decorating ideas...you truely take after your mom with all those ideas...love them!