Tuesday, January 13, 2009

M.I.A.

So I know I've just gone and disappeared from the blogging World, but doesn't it just get soooo old sometimes? Anyway, as I've been catching up on my scrapbooking I went back through all my blog posts from last year and I really saw the value in keeping an online digital journal. So now I'm back on board to document my life.
My parents left the day after Christmas to go live in Arizona for the winter months. So this time of year is really low key with little social obligations, which is a nice change for a few months to have a chance to be bored. We did go to a great party at my Aunt Carol's just before New Year's, so that was nice to see everyone. Also we threw a really fun New Year's party and had a great New Year's Day party with some different friends. Now as we're into January we're enjoying spending time as a little family and finishing projects that have been neglected around the house.
My aunt Lee and her family took Emma on New Year's Day for a 3 night sleep over! Although we missed her it was so nice to get things done around here and have a date night every night she was gone. I worked on putting away Christmas and dejunking and Ryan took on the 12 hour task of painting her big girl room with this argyle design. I was planning on hiring someone to do it because I know it was to be done just right, but then I reconsidered when I realized my husband would do a better job than any hired hand. However, he has said no amount of money would make him do it again, so you're on your own anyone who is wanting the same for your kids room. I'm so excited how it turned out! Especially since I just dreamed it up in my head and didn't have anything to compare it to. We'll move Emma in here once she's 3, and I am so excited to finish decorating this room.

















16 comments:

Cami said...

I love it! I am so impressed with your scrappy hubby! Did you do the one wall or did it go ALL the WAY AROUND?

Lindsey said...

We just did the one wall. The other walls have a window, door, or closets on them. It's a pretty small room.

Holls said...

VERY cute paint job! Way to go Bundy! You should have known he would be much more careful to make sure it looked just perfect. We miss you guys!

Annie said...

He just kills me. Can't wait to see it all put together and sleep there!

tutus n bowties said...

Love the paint job! Way to go Ryan. I agree that Blogging gets quiet boring! I just about deleted mine but than I decided to be extremly random with it so that I would still find it fun. We will see how long that lasts...I must just have to join the rest of my fam though and be blog free.

Carrie said...

I LOVE IT! I can't wait to see it all come together. You could just leave that awesome wall with her dang cute bedding and be all set! You really have an eye for decorating and Bundy is quite the perfectionist so that works together perfectly! I can't imagine the frustrations I would have had. . .that's why we don't even try! Emma is sure a lucky girl to have her new big girl room!

Jennifer said...

That is amazing! I love the argyle wall!

Holly said...

It's fantastic! Sorry we didn't make it to your party. We were both sick...maybe next time. Hope you're doing good!

Stacey said...

Whoa,
Good thing I'm your sister if you know what I mean. Still coveting the bedskirt from Bombay! 3 more days...I loved my surprise but somehow that doensn't "fit" your personality of wanting things ready to go when baby arrives!

Valerie: said...

wow you are so creative. I am sure your house is just so adorable. When is your due date. How are you feeling? Do you loose weight or gain it while preggers? Hope your okay. Tell Ryan GREAT job on the wall. Do you want a boy or a girl?

Jamie Jo said...

Okay, I want that instead of stripes in my room. How hard was it, and will you help? It looks awesome!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Her room is so cute I want to see the finished projejct with all her cute stuff in there!

Jackie Greenwood said...

This is DARLING!!! I bet Emma is so excited about it! Casey and my birthday are on Jan.31, and I was going to ask a few friends if they wanted to go to dinner that night, so I was wondering if you guys would want to go? Let me know?

Vonnie said...

What a great winter project for you both. Way to go Ryan. Is the nesting instinct kicking in? It looks great. Welcome back, I missed you!

Lee said...

The end product was worth the wasted 12 hours of doing it wrong- thanks to the stupid computer directions. It looks awesome!

Kylee said...

Wow, I didn't realize you were doing the whole wall! I though it was just going to be a strip or two. It looks so good! I can't believe Emma is growing up so fast and is old enough to have her own room away from you guys. I'm sure it'll turn out darling!