Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

We had such a great Christmas this year. Plans changed so many times, and in the end it just worked out perfect. We had my parents all to ourselves this year and it was so much fun. The snow and scenery was just beautiful!!


Christmas Eve we had the yummiest Turkey dinner, my favorite being my mom's mashed potatoes and her gravy, I could drink it through a straw and be happy. We played the thimble game with Emma and then the elf knocked around 9 pm and she went flying off to bed, not to make a peep the rest of the night. We played cards and enjoyed a vegetable tray. Ryan and I won my parent's bag of change and I'm going to save that money special for gas money to Arizona this spring. Then we started a movie at about 11 of "Fracture." It's a rated R movie that we've always wanted to watch, but I bought Ryan a "clear play" dvd player from Deseret Book store and so we enjoyed the movie with no profanity and no violence. We were all ready for bed at 1:30 and it was so nice not to have to stay up assembling gifts and wrapping.


Christmas morning I finally woke Emma up around 10:30. She was so cute with her gifts and made sure that there were plenty of "thank yous" even if you hadn't even received a gift, she needed to make sure we were all saying thank you. Santa brought her a tent. My favorite gift this year was a "vintage" care-a-lot and cloud car that I bought off of ebay. These were the exact same toys I had when I was a little girl. They were a hit!! After gifts we had a yummy breakfast and then just enjoyed staying home all day with no obligations to go anywhere. Both my dad and Bundy took a turn snow blowing since there was such a big storm. Then we had left overs and watched another movie. It was literally a perfect day. I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas time together as a family and really took time to reflect on the meaning for the season. Merry Christmas!

12 comments:

WADDELL FAMILY said...

Hey Lindsey. I saw your blog through Jackie's. Your family is so cute. You guys look like your having lots of fun. How are things with everyone? Keep in touch.

Kylee said...

That really does sound like the perfect Christmas, considering our day consisting of visiting 4 different families. I'm glad you guys had fun!

Jamie Jo said...

Have you no sensitivity to my pain of not being there? Jerk Store! Rubbing salt in my wounds! Just kidding. Well, I'll say I'm kidding so I don't like the jerk store on your comments.

Lee said...

That is a perfect evening and day! I'm glad you all had so much fun. And yes, the PJ's and slippers are too cute. Love the family picts- and congrats on winning the $$$

Mikael said...

10:30?? WHAT? That is SOOO late! I was up at 5am with the twins and couldnt go back to sleep, so I woke the whole house up around 6am becuase I was so excited! You are lucky she sleeps so long.
How is your pregnancy going? Merry Christmas!

tutus n bowties said...

Ok, so I must say I'm quite jealous of little Emma getting the care bear house and car...I use to have one and sadly so my mother got ride of it. Kids on the farm! She will have some fun memories with that toy.

Vonnie said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day Lindsey. Thanks for sharing a glimpse into your family Christmas traditions.

Shannon Allen said...

First of all, the cloud car! Wow! Great find Winny! I am glad you are instilling in Emma the same love for the Care Bears that we had growing up! Your Christmas sounded so calm and enjoyable. I can't believe you had to wake Emma up at 10:30! I wish my child had Emma's sleeping genes! I saw your mom for a second at church last Sunday but I couldn't talk long so tell her I wished I could have visited more!

Sidney said...

As always great times at the Skeens.We're excited to have them in town for the winter. I love that you're teaching Emma cute songs. I loved doing that with my girls. Enjoy these years with your cute little family. I won't say that it won't get much better cause it is really fun when all my kids get together but I will say the simplicity is to be savored.

Stacey said...

Nice post Linny. I'm glad the cloud car is a bigger hit than my Vintage Barbie Dream house. Trying to live my childhood through my kids and it's not working out! She's a joy. Hmmm to that "money bag". I'm never going to win it am I? Just HIT me with it!

WADDELL FAMILY said...

We are still in Ogden up by Weber State. We should definatly get together. I'll have to talk with casey and jackie and see what their doing.

Jord said...

I love the cloud car! It is a definite trip down memory lane and I love getting my girls the same type toys I played with as a child too.