Friday, December 26, 2008

'Tis the Season

I haven't been very good about my December posts so I thought I would just lump them all together. These are just some of the few fun happenings that we enjoyed this Christmas Season. They're not going to be in any specific order since uploading onto blogger is such a nightmare sometimes.

My parents Skeen Family Christmas Party this year was so much fun! They got me and my sisters all rooms at the Ogden Marriot. Then my dad sent us on a scavenger style hunt up and down 25th street. Then they treated us to dinner at Union Station. Afterwards we went to see the lights display on 25th street and the little village houses. We all got hot chocolate and enjoyed walking around. The Searles were able to join us for the evening and it's so fun to spend some time with them as well. Afterwards we went back to the hotel pool and we all swam and sat in the hot tub. Then we had a treat exchange and went back to our rooms for bed time. Ryan played games in the lobby with Ryan C. and Josh. It was my favorite family party ever!
This is Emma and Jaken. My dad pushed them in the jogger while we completed our scavenger hunt/amazing race. They're so cute together.



We helped celebrate my friend Carrie's birthday by going to firehouse Pizza and enjoying every bite! She and I both have our birthdays fall right before a big Holiday, and so we are united in that. Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of the birthday girl, but she got some of me, thanks Carrie :)

After firehouse we went to the 36th street cemetery to enjoy their beautiful luminaries display. This was a childhood tradition we did in our neighborhood when we lived in Arizona, so I especially loved it.
Afterwards we drove out to Willard to see their lights display. Jed had borrowed his dad's expedition so we could all drive together. Emma has a little friend her age, Addi, and so the girls loved sitting by each other and were so good the whole night. Emma looks like she's not having fun, but really she did :)





Kylee, my cousins who is like a little sister, and her husband both graduated from USU. Lee had a great celebration party for them and we had so much fun playing games and visiting with them and the Searles, another family of ours who we just adore.





Ever since Emma stayed with the Jensens for 2 weeks last year while we went to Thailand we've been really close with them. She loves those cousins so much and I just love the friendship we have developed with their family. So we had them out for a Christmas party with games and an Amazing Race.




I also enjoyed putting up my Christmas decorations this year. I have a Christmas tree collection that I have really grown to love. Ryan buys me a new tree every year and so it's fun to watch the collection grow. Also for my birthday I spent my money from my parents on some new tree decor, and I am so pleased. Emma is at such a fun age where she just loves all of our Christmas decorations and she is so good to abide by the "no touching" rule.




This was just before Thanksgiving but all of my aunts and cousins within a 2 hour radius came to Ogden for us to go to lunch and see the Premiere of Twilight. It was so nice to see everyone and enjoy this movie and fun afternoon together.




Hopefully a new tradition has started by us going to the starlight Christmas Parade in Ogden. The Casperson's and my parents joined us. It was such a fun way to kick off the season.



Another new tradition we started this year is a baking day with my mom. Emma and I went up for the day and my mom was willing to help us bake whatever we wanted. I chose home made bread and rolls and Emma made suckers and sugar cookies. So much fun, and so yummy! Thanks mom!




Other activities we enjoyed this Season but didn't take pictures of:
A date night, just the two of us, to Salt Lake for dinner at Thaifoon and to see Australia
A date night with the Stowers to Olive Garden and to see 7 Pounds
Christmas Shopping
Dollar movies with Emma
Driving around to see Christmas lights
And we have loved every minute of every snowfall



3 comments:

Lee said...

Wow! What some fun activities! where's the one of Emma in her Christmas PJ's? I want to see a pict of all the snow in Liberty. I'm glad you've had such a fun month, and that you've felt good for all of it. Little Lydia isn't cramping your style too much. Yet. haha

Kylee said...

That's a lot of fun stuff! I'm glad we got to be part of some of it.

Annie said...

That was a fun summary,especially since I'm now in Az. and can't see you in person!