Thursday, December 4, 2008

Brainwashed

My sister-in-law Julie introduced me to this add from Dove. I really really appreciated the message and want to encourage everyone to check out this short video. During the Holidays there seems to be an excess in eating, which creates an excess in guilt. Along with a side dish of sweets and guilt comes the excess in advertisements which always represent women as perfectly made up, skinny, beautiful, and dressed to the nine's. I am so thankful for the leaders of our church who are always promoting self worth and self confidence by who we are on the inside. I am also thankful to the Dove team for making this great little video to really show how our society is brainwashing us. I hope you enjoy this link, please please check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U

7 comments:

Mikael said...

that is AWESOME!!!! Thanks for posting that! Gosh, I wish they could do that to me, wouldnt that be fun to get all made up, then touched up and look like someone else.... JK! I just wish our daughters would really believe this, because I knew I didn't when I was a teen. I thought all models were always perfect with no imperfections.
The world fakes us out with a lot of things, it gets a little scary trying to protect our children from it!

Annie said...

Genius of Dove. What a kind public service. I also looked at a link that showed how to look beasty. It was pretty funny. Thanks for alerting us to the realities.

Kylee said...

Wow, that's crazy! I always know they do things like that- computer work- and I think everyone does but it still usually doesn't make a difference in how people think about beauty- until they watch this. I think it's awesome and I wish everyone could watch it, as probably you do too.

Jackie Greenwood said...

I totally love that! When I used to work, I would use that commercial in presentations I did to high school kids, they loved it, and it really opened their eyes! We NEED to get together and go to dinner or something!

Jackie Greenwood said...

PS. I LOVE your wedding pictures and that cloak, is magnificent!!

Holls said...

Loved it! I think we could all watch a little more of that stuff.

Stacey said...

I haven't looked at this yet, I will later,,,,but those pictures of the past 6 years. Pretty fabulous life you've had. This goes against that Dove ad, but you look pretty fabulous too! Love the December layout pictures of Emma with Santa.