Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Butter fingers

My aunt Lee affectionately and appropriately called me butter fingers one night when I kept dropping my graham crackers and milk all over her floor. I then started to notice a pattern of how very often I spill, drop or break things. Ryan has been such a good sport over the years to just laugh and say "Ohhh Linny." I don't know if I could show the same patience as he does when the accidents are so frequent. So I decided a few months ago to start taking pictures of these "spills" and find the humor in them. This is just a small taste.

After making Emma a bowl of mac n'cheese I tried to take the bowl out of the microwave with one hand when I lost my grip, and voila!

Glitter everywhere! This looks like Emma got into my craft closet, but nope, just me!



This was a sad one. Our blender was still wet fresh from the dishwasher and so I was tyring to dry it out with a towel when I lost my grip and it shattered everywhere. This is a more expensive mistake then usual, and again Ryan just sighed and patted me on the back.

This was a brand new tub of cottage cheese. Just a simple unloading of the groceries gone bad.

To be continued....

11 comments:

Holly said...

You are so good to find humor in it! I hope you're feeling well!

Carrie said...

LOL! I knew you were a little clumsy but I love that you have proof! I think you should blame it on being pregnant. . .it's a good excuse.(:

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Geese I thought I dropped things a lot! Hey at least it gives you something to laugh at!

Jackie Greenwood said...

That is hilarious, I love that you take pictures, that makes it so fun!

Lee said...

Maybe I jinxed you with that nickname! Maybe you need to attend a support group of some kind. . .

Love the picts

Kylee said...

Is this one of the side effects of being pregnant? If not, you could always blame it on that... :) I'm glad you can laugh at these things though and I'm especially glad that Ryan can too. I have the habit of spilling the food I eat all over me and for forgetting things after we leave the house so we have to go back and get it. Brody's not quite as patient with that one. Props to Ryan.

Annie said...

Hilarious that you have it documented!

Mikael said...

that is so me!!!! I am such a clutz. But I am more of a burn victim when I cook. It is sad

Vonnie said...

You and Jord have this trait in common. You should console each other. She spills very frequently. Could it be because of the year you were born - 1980?
Your post made my laugh - funny pictures. So sad about the many "accidents."

Jamie Jo said...

Very funny. I love you new background, too.

Stacey said...

Pretty funny!