Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Together again

My parents invited me and my three sisters to join them for a trip to Vegas where my dad was being honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Ambulance Association. We all gladly accepted the offer and took off for four days of jam packed fun. The first night we got there we walked a long way on the strip down to the Cheesecake Factory where we all thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.


The next morning we went out to my favorite place in Vegas, Red Rock. We had a great boulder hike and just enjoyed being in the 72 degree weather.

My mom, Stacey, Sara and I caught a movie of Four Christmases. It was all right. A little crude and cheesy in parts, but we were happy to get out and enjoy splurging on popcorn and candy.



Every night we would play cards and each of us brought a prize for the winner. Sara won Stacey's prize of $5 in quarters and we watched her lose it in the slot machines.
Our parents spoiled us on this trip and took us out to a yummy Thai dinner and then we had great seats to see Phantom of the Opera. This production is truly in a class of it's own. The set was just beautiful and they moved through everything so quickly. I just love the music and recommend a special trip to Vegas for anyone that is a fan of this production.



I am so thankful to my parents for bringing us with them to help honor my dad in receiving this award. My dad has had a career that has involved him spending a lot of time out of the home. So my childhood was very different then that of my older two siblings. My dad never prides himself on his "job title" or what he does to make a living. He prides himself on his grandkids, his family, his home projects, and his love for being active and fit. So as we all sat there listening to the speeches of recognition for the hard work my dad has done and the amazing accomplishments he has made in his industry it was just so nice to have a sneak peak into his day to day world. I'm so proud of him for staying so humble amongst all of his success and really focusing on what is truly important in life.

I enjoyed so much being outside in nice weather. We went walking every day and just had so much fun being together and not having to worry about kids and husbands. Meanwhile my sweet husband was home with Emma who was really sick. I truly did feel bad for him, but I still enjoyed myself. Thanks again mom and dad for making this happen for all of us!









9 comments:

Annie said...

Very sweet and thorough!

Julie said...

What wonderful memories for you and your sisters! Time with family is certainly priceless!

Lee said...

How fun to see new picts that your sissy's and mom didn't have :) Your parents are nothing if not generous. I'm very impressed with your Dad's accomplishments and the humble and great man he is.

I'm glad you had fun. Props to Bundy for taking such good care of Emma girl.

Valerie: said...

I am so jealous, it seems like you are always off having a good time and going some place fun. Glad you had a good time. I love Phantom, its soooo good. Never seen it in Vegas though, just in Portland.

Shannon Allen said...

What a great trip! You dad is so awesome. Isn't it so great to see other people recognize and appreciate the ones you love. Congrats to Trace and how fun to be with all your sisters and parents!

Trace Skeen said...

Thank you for your kind words Lindsey. My greatest pride that night was the five beautiful women sitting at the front banquet table.

I was given about 20 minutes notice to speak in Sacrament Meeting in Port-of-Spain yesterday. I spoke about how much love cam from that small cradle in the stable at Bethlehem. I also took the liberty of telling the story of your choice to speak the old man sitting alone in front of the nursing home. The story brought tears to the eyes of the audience. I am so blessed and proud to have my associated with you and your sisters.

Hethrjem said...

Hey Miss Linny! Your family is genetically blessed! I heart your blog, it's very Trundy.

Jord said...

What a fun trip Linny and a great accomplishment for your Dad.

The Fife's said...

Why was I not born into your family? Man you have so much with life. Im super jelous. You'll have to tell me all about the Opera. You look so good.