Friday, April 24, 2009

Wicked awesome!


Last week I finally got a chance to check out what all the fuss was about with this Wicked craze. Let me just say that the performance lived up to it's reputation. I LOVED every minute of it and couldn't believe how this production is in a class of it's own. I even liked it better than the Las Vegas production of Phantom of the Opera, and that's saying something. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I got my eighty dollar's worth for this ticket, and I'm stingy with money :)

Last year my Aunt Lee had a friend offer to buy some tickets for her, so she sent out a group text in August saying that if we were interested we had to get back to her that day. I sure am glad I agreed right then and there because apparently tickets are impossible to get your hands on. So in the end we had a group of ten Griffin (my mom's side of the family) family members that all met up in Salt Lake. We went to the yummiest dinner at Cafe Trio and had so much fun visiting and catching up. I have the BEST extended family, my cousins and aunts are a huge part of my life, which is so nice because I didn't grow up living by family.



The performance was at the Capitol Theater and once inside we split up into two groups, just two rows apart. My group was the lucky group because we didn't have a lady sitting right behind us unwrapping candy the whole time. Plus it was nice to see more of the Romneys who I see the least of.





This night was so much fun and I would definitely recommend this performance to anyone. Thanks again Lee for getting us the hook up!!

10 comments:

Jackie Greenwood said...

I have heard that is an awesome show! I am so glad you had fun, you look adorable!

Valerie: said...

you look so cute pregnant! I know you probably DON'T think so but you do!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

That is the best show we saw it is New York I LOVED it! Don't read the book though It is dirty I had to stop reading it!

Lee said...

Good write up. You didn't mention how you had a dream about it the night before and how you can't get the songs out of your head! Have you yet? I haven't, and I'm embracing it, listening to the sound track every day! It was so much fun going w/ everyone. One of my favorite parts was how we all wore green and black

Jamie Jo said...

I'm so sad I didn't get the invite. I would have LOVED to go! I hear such great things about it. Oh well. Maybe sometime I'll get to see it. You guys are adorable in your green. Look forward to seeing you Sunday.

Stanford Family said...

I'm so jealous! I'm glad you could go and enjoyed it. You look so cute. Oh, about Kalli's birthday cake, I didn't make it, my mom did. Keep in touch. I miss you guys!

Kylee said...

That was such a great night! I'm glad it worked out for all of us to go!

Stacey said...

Hmm, awkward. Yea, the candy wrapping would have to go. I would have turned around and asked them to just unwarp all of it at once and be done with it. Remember at Phantom? I was nail biting because of Bundy and my own kids making noise, candy rolling down the aisle. Ahhh, good times. Don't you love Elphie?

Vonnie said...

It was an awesome evening Lindsey and I loved being with the family even as much as seeing the play. Those outings create long lasting memories. It couldn't have been a better evening (unless of course our family members who weren't there were able to be there...)

tutus n bowties said...

Thanks for your comment! So, I had such a blast seeing everyone and I'm looking forward to womens conference and our weekend in Idaho...whenever that may be. P.s. in the last pic you look so pretty!