Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I have been blessed









We blessed Lydia DeNae on Sunday the 13th. Margo and Clay (Ryan's parents) drove down from Oregon and we were so BLESSED to have them there. We were able to enjoy a home blessing in my parent's backyard, just as we did with Emma's blessing. The day couldn't have been more beautiful and peaceful. My dad did a great job with having a little program and I bore my testimony at the end. It was so special to have everything quiet and intimate.

Mike Rhodes, the Bishop from my parent's ward presided over the blessing and I was so happy to have him and his wife Julie join us, I respect them so much and miss being in their ward. Also Ryan's childhood best friend, Darren, drove up with his family from Draper and we were really touched by their effort and support. I know Lydia won't remember any of this, but it really means so much to US.










































Sara, my sister, and Emma must have got together earlier and decided to be matchy matchy, it was cute.

Darren and Traci Johnson with their three little girls, Emme, Ally and Eliza.
Lydia's blessing day really helped me reflect on just how truly blessed I am. Things aren't always easy for us and they don't always go my way. But at the end of the day I am so thankful to have Ryan, my best friend as my husband. Emma who is just so well behaved and has such a tender heart. Now to throw in Lydia, who may cry a lot sometimes, but she is truly heaven sent. This is so sappy, but all true. My parents and Ryan's parents are some of our most favorite company and we're so BLESSED to have them as FRIENDS. Thank you to the Petersens and Johnsons for coming out, it really meant a lot. I know Ryan's siblings would've loved to have come and the Lakes as well, but maybe we'll make it up to Oregon for the next baby blessing.

12 comments:

The Call Family said...

What a beautiful baby! How special to have it at home! Linds you are such a cute mom and have darling girls who are so lucky to have you and Ryan! And also your extended family! You can just see the love! I was telling Aaron I want to live in the country like your mom and dad!:)You guys are always having so much fun together! My mom was saying how cute the pictures were of your girls that you took! good job! oh and I remember meeting Ryans friend back when we were at Ricks! fun to see his family! small world!:) keep those posts comin!:)

Lee said...

sweet post! Loved the picts and your narrative. What a special day

Kylee said...

I think that is so cool that you do your blessings that way! I've never heard of it before and I'm surprised that not more people do it that way because it just seems so much more special, as it should be! She is so cute and I love those pictures at the beginning!!

Carrie said...

She's beautiful Linds! I haven't seen her for awhile and she's already growin up on me. I am so happy for you guys and what a special day for your family. I can only imagine how neat it was to have both parents there and in your mom's beautiful backyard. You look great, btw. I am loving her dress and bonnet. BEAUTIFUL!

Jackie Greenwood said...

What a beautiful day it sounds like. Lydia looks adorable. I really like the idea of how you blessed your girls, very peaceful and close setting.

Jamie Jo said...

Beautiful pictures of the sweetest little baby. I'm sad we weren't able to make it down. I know how you feel about the baby not remembering, but it means a lot to you. I haven't been able to have everyone to my kids blessings, baptisms, ordinations, etc. the way I would like, and it does mean a lot when someone tries. You have a very sweet little family and you are very blessed. Glad Ryan is back!

Jord said...

What a sweet dress Lindsey. I'm glad she had such a special blessing day.

Shannon Allen said...

What a wonderful day and beautiful baby! That must have been nice to have such a private blessing day and not have to worry about all the random Sunday stress. I love Emma's dress and great family pic of all of you!

Vonnie said...

I think blessing days are so meaningful and sweet. I'm glad you had such a nice time. The photos of Lydia are beautiful (and the rest of you aren't bad either.) Happiness!

Darren and Traci said...

It was nice to be able to share that day with you guys. The blessing was so sweet and so were the things your dad said as well as your testimony. You come from such amazing parents and it's nice to see glimpses of them from knowing you. I love the pictures you got, I have to say the one of the guys in the circle is kind of blurry, you don't think it's anything like the camcorder dying do you ;)

Kade and Katie said...

oh my, your girls are gorgeous! seriously, can you just shop for me too! you find the cutest clothes for girls and put it all together so well. and you can't go wrong with your little models, i mean seriously, tooooooo cute!! your family is so sweet. love the pictures, all of them. i too am so glad that my girls have each other, sisters are the best!

Stacey said...

This is a blessed day for us all.