Monday, March 14, 2011

Date Night

I don't make cookies. Ever. I think in our eight years of marriage, I've made them less than five times. My sister and my aunt make the best cookies there ever was, and so when mine aren't as good as theirs, I figure, why bother? I finally decided to give it another go, and guess what, they were delicious. Kid, I think I'm on to something here.


I was able to finish my projects with the fabric I bought a few weeks ago. Here is the finished result of the leggings I made for Emma and Lydia.


My mom came and spent the night with our girls and we went out with the Stowers for a Thursday night date night. We had dinner at Olive Garden, dessert at Farr's Fresh, and then games at the Stowers. I love the Stowers, and I love that they are always willing and know the importance of leaving the kids with a sitter and getting out for some adult time. Date nights when you're older just make all the difference. Thanks again mom.


Emma had been asking me every day to check the mail because she knew a package from her "Aunt" Kylee was coming. Sure enough, it was everything she dreamed it would be. Her very own miniature tea party set. Thanks again Kylee, you made her week!


The girls having a tub, the only place I give them popsicles.


My Aunt Lee used some of my fabric to make me this fleece tablecloth that is the ultimate for playing games and cards.


The girls are better and better at playing together. That three and a half year age gap is finally starting to close up. In our house we pretty much always have a musical going in the background. Phantom of the Opera, Mama Mia, or Annie can always be heard, either on the tv or from BOTH girls singing them ALL day long!

This is my project for today.....to fill the shelves.

5 comments:

Parry Family said...

The table cloth is genius! I had no idea you were a photographer. Your pictures are beautiful. We really need to get together for a game night!

Lee said...

your fridge may be emptier than your moms! I didn't think that possible (maybe hers looks fuller because there's one shelf of just fresh flowers?) I want to see a picture of the other table cloth. I love that Ky sent Emma one of her old tea sets. What a great idea. Love your crimpy hair. love that the girls love musicals and sing along.

Kylee said...

I'm glad Emma liked the tea set. When I was going through my old stuff last summer and saw those, I immediately thought of Emma and Lydia (I'll save Lydia's for when she turns 5 as well). I hope you don't have any more girls because they will feel left out. Maybe I would just buy one and say it used to be mine. By the way, you look darling for your date night with Cody and Holly.

Jessica said...

Good job on making some good cookies. Lately, I feel like mine have not been great. And I love the card-game table cloth. I really want one for our table and I also want one just to keep on it all the time (like the one my mom just made you, i believe) I love seeing your updates. You do such a great job! Keep it up

Stacey said...

The cookies look just like mine and those leggins look like Naartjie! Emma's hair looks so cute!