Monday, March 7, 2011

High Five!

The week leading up to the birthday we get out the birthday tree and put one ornament on a day. It adds to the excitement and helps Emma grasp the concept of time.
My parents had myself and my sisters and our husbands over for a tasteful seminar on intimacy in marriage. I've never heard of ANY other parents doing this for their children, let alone their son-in-laws. We all had such a great discussion and benefited from this evening greatly. I know it can be taboo to some, but I think every relationship needs to have this topic addressed. Thanks again mom and dad!

We spent the night at my parents and LOVED taking the girls sledding down their hill. Lydia was in heaven! It was an absolute beautiful day.


This photo speaks for itself. One of my favorite winter scenes I must say.

My sweetest little Emma turned five today! She is still the same joy, ENERGY, and light she was five years ago. Not much about her has changed over the years. She has a heart of gold, confidence like I've never seen, has trouble watching where she is going, and is the most obedient child there ever was. I am so thankful to have her as my first born.



Every other year we rotate between a friend's party and a family party, this year was a family party. My mom kept Lydia so Ryan and I could take Emma to spend the day with us. We went to see a 3D IMAX movie at the Gateway, took her to build-a-bear to buy a new friend courtesy of her grand-parents, and then we went to Firehouse Pizza for lunch.

My mom and Lydia came back and joined us for cake and presents. It was sooooo nice just keeping the day low key and spoiling the most deserving girl there ever was.
Laying out all of Emma's birthday presents from Ryan and I

Finally finished a LONG over due shower gift for my cousin Jessica. This is her marriage advice book. A big thanks to all of those who emailed me entries. For those who didn't, you will still have your chance.
I work at Olive Garden on nights and weekends. I love getting out of the house, and what can I say, the money is great! This is how much I WALKED with (after tipping out) last Friday night.

Ryan brought me flowers for no reason!

...So I made him breakfast in bed for no reason :)

Ohhh, Monday, cleaning day. Thanks to this "magic eraser" our house actually gets clean. This little friend of mine can get out just about anything, but is used mostly on marker stains left behind on the counters and walls.

4 comments:

Kylee said...

I have many comments... 1. I love the birthday tree 2. I love that personalized sleeping bag, I want one! 3. I love the random acts of kindness between you and Bundy. I wish Brody liked breakfast so I could make him breakfast in bed. Maybe I could do dinner in bed.....? ha ha. 4. Sledding looks so fun and I just can't believe how much your girls are growing up! I love your updates and look forward to them every week.

Lee said...

Great post Linny- I love your picture a day tradition. Keep it up all year? I love the random acts of kindness too. That's my favorite. Also all of Emma's fun BD activities. You're setting up such great traditions for your cute family. No way did you clear almost $200 in one night! Sweet!

Jessica said...

Ok.. I have a lot of comments too. First, I love your new backgroud-it's the same as mine! :) And your new picture too. Way cute. I, too, love the birthday tree idea and the random act of kindness you guys do for each other. I'm sad that we missed the marriage seminar at your parents. Sounds like it was good. And, how fun that you guys could go sledding right in their backyard! I love the marriage advice book you gave us! It is darling!! And.. those pictures of Emma-- DARLING!! (love her headband! ;)) Is that Lydia's wall and you changed the colors, or what? You are amazing!

Jord said...

I can't believe these babies are 5 already. I love Emma's sweet haircut and her obedient personality.