Sunday, March 27, 2011

Going Gray

My mom came up and took me and the girls to lunch at Wingers. Then turned around and drove the hour home. I appreciate both of my parent's efforts in not letting an hour distance come between us.



Emma has the BEST time at her pre-school St. Patrick's Day party, it might have even been better than our green french toast.


The girls in their Naartjie leggings, my favorite kids clothing item ever!


Capri Suns are a staple in our house. I feel like the Roaring Waters are better than actual sugary juice, but who knows. Lydia probably goes through three or four of these a day!


Sunday we went to my mom's for dinner while my dad was in China. We attempted to make bunny cake balls, but just turned them into cute characters. The kids loved them!


My aunt Lee sewed me this table cloth custom made for our dining table. I picked out the fabric from fabric.com and am just tickled to have a good tablecloth. Thanks again Lee!


The flu made a full circle through our house hold. It was a LONG week!


I started going gray at 14. I have had to color my roots since I was 25. It needs to be done every 3 weeks or so. I don't have any pity on ANY of my friends who have ONE gray hair here or there.


My parents have the best tub. It has air bubbles instead of jets and a light that changes color. It's the best babysitter around. I just sit in the room and read my book. I don't lave them TOTALLY unattended.


We LOVE this juice. It is loaded with fruits but also wheat grass, soy, barley, carrots, spinach and all sorts of other veggies. Both the girls go to town on it, and I would drink it myself but it's not super cheap, so Ryan and I refrain and just give it to the girls.


We borrowed Cody's truck and Ryan took a full load of yard debris to the dump. Good thing he did, because the snow returned the next day.


Woke up to snow this morning. I don't mind it because I know Spring is just around the corner. So is a much needed trip to Las Vegas.


We had a really fun week and there are a lot of events I didn't photograph. In no particular order we....
Spent two nights with my parents
Emma had a slumber party with her favorite cousin Milly
Ryan went to a Jazz game and got to slap hands with the players
We had the best date night with our new friends the Wimmers
Girls played at the Jensens while I ran errands
Watched Survivor and caught up with the Searles
Ordered bedding on etsy for my mom (I like spending other people's money)
Had the yummiest sushi rolls and visited with our friends the Craguns
Emma had multiple play dates with her friend Addi (they are kindred spirits)
Had my mom to myself a lot
Emma had time to snuggle with her Papa (my dad) they are each other's favorites
Ate at Texas Roadhouse twice and ordered the salmon and savored every bite
Had our favorite neighbors over for Sunday dinner
Happily put in my two weeks at Olive Garden


9 comments:

Annie said...

So looking forward to our trip to Vegas. You need the vaca to relax from your busy and exciting life! Love seeing all your activities.

Valerie: said...

really like that table cloth...very cute. I would have never guessed you have gray hair..you do a good job hiding it. I have been finding tons just since i had the baby ahhh but i know you have it worse so I wont act like i have a lot. I didn't know you work at olive garden..you never mention it on your blog...when do you have the time since you are with the girls..you are super mom!!

Kylee said...

I'm glad everyone is feeling better... that's no fun for the whole family to be sick. I can't believe you had your first gray hair at 14! I don't think I realized it was that early! I LOVE that table cloth and also those leggings of the girls. Good luck with all the yard work doing in such a short time. Wish we could help.

Lee said...

Dang- Kylee beat me to it. . . good recap- you are one busy mamma. That tablecloth looks great! (not to pat myself on the back or anything. . .haha) I'm so happy for you that you can be done @ Olive Garden. Happiness!

Claudy said...

I was also very young when I found my first strand of gray hair and since that day I've been yanking them out left and right. ;)
VeGaS=wish I was going! Have a great time.

Parry Family said...

I love the girls pictures at the top of your blog! Naartjie is my absolute favorite kids store. You are one busy woman. P.S. I love the table cloth.

Kylee said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that the picture where Lydia is in the tub, it looks like she's in a tub of ice or clear jello. It doesn't even look like water and I was so confused at first! Also, happy day about quitting Olive Garden!

Jessica said...

How am I just now seeing this? Well, I guess it's only been a day, but you already have 7 comments! Wow. Annie's bath look awesome!! I love the tablecloth, looks so cute. I wanna make one now! Yay for being done at olive garden. Good luck with getting everything done before Ryan leaves.

Unknown said...

I LOVE that table cloth. SO adorable and cute.