Sunday, April 17, 2011

Peanut Butter

I have been putting hair tinsel in Emma's hair lately and I love the little pizazz it gives her. I'm surprised how often strangers are stopping her to check it out. I'm so glad I just did it myself instead of going to the salon. One of many thanks I owe to ebay.
We had a date night with our friends the Wimmers. We took the Front Runner to SLC and played cards on the way down there. For a four person pass it was only $6 a couple round trip, that's cheaper than gas prices. Then we had our favorite dinner at Thaifoon where the Thom Kah Gai soup is unbeatable!!


Saturday we had another date night with my sister and her husband. We normally don't do back to back date nights but we're trying to get in as much of them as we can before Ryan leaves. In the photo below it looks like Cody is my brother, instead of my sister who I very sadly look nothing alike. We went to an all you can eat Sushi restaurant in Layton and it was DI-VINE!!


Sunday we had an early Easter celebration since Ryan will miss out while he's gone. The girls were so excited about everything and I just love doing for my girls what my parents did for me.





This is Peanut Butter, Emma's build-a-bear she got for her birthday. Because Emma loves it so much, then Lydia loves it so much. It's the cause of a lot of fights. As the oldest Emma has to give in to Lydia A LOT, this is one area where we don't make Emma give Lydia something of hers. So although this bunny can be trouble, it is also the cause of bonding when it's Emma's own choice to share with her little sister.


Tuesday I took Emma to Bates Elementary to register her for Kindergarten and give her the tour. My heart was pumping so fast the entire time we were there. I can't believe my little girl is leaving for school! There aren't really words to describe this melancholy feeling I have. I'm so happy for Emma to have this experience, but my heart just kind of aches inside. Oh, I guess there are words, that describes it just right.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

yay- I'm the first one to comment, for once! :) No way is Emma old enough to be going to Kindergarten! That is just crazy. She will love it though. I love the tinsels in her hair. Looks like you had a fun easter celebration- I'm glad you could do it when Ryan could be there too.

Annie said...

I love little Shirley's hair when it is in ringlets! And I love their Easter dresses and all the early Easter activities. Who won the EggBashing?

Claudy said...

Bates is a wonderful school! Emma will love it.

Jamie Jo said...

Bless your little tender heart. That is so cute that Kindergarten is doing that to you. Just wait for the stage I'm in!

Lee said...

I feel for you with sending your first off to Kindy. It was soooo hard on me to do it w/ Ky. Prepare to shed some tears that day. . . but don't worry- it gets easier with the other kids. I love Emma's hair curly. Darling! What a fun week you had.

Kylee said...

Thom Kah Gai soup is my favorite!!! I think your mom introduced it to me. Cute Easter activities. That is a really good picture of you two and the Peterson's! Everyone just looks so good! Wow, I can't believe Emma will be in kindergarten!! That's so crazy. It's been so fun to watch her grow up. She is such a cute girl.

Shannon Allen said...

I seriously keep thinking about you Linny and really need to call you! I update myself on your blog pretty regularly and I really just can't get over how wonderful you are and what an amazing little mom and wife you are. You girls are so beautiful and growing up so fast! One of these days I am going to give you a call so we can really catch up!