Thursday, April 21, 2011

Las Vegas...round two


Yep, a week later we returned to the Tahiti Village with our friends Landon and Brittney Wimmer and their little girl Sailor. The Wimmers are also doing summer sales and they talked us into joining them for one last hoo-rah before the guys move to Oklahoma. I'm SOOOO glad we went, we had the best time!




This is our first family vacation Ryan and I have been on that didn't include my family or going to see Ryan's family. We love taking our girls out door to explore and hike and Emma was a champ to climb to the top of this rocky mountain with Ryan.
In the evening we went out with the Wimmers for dinner at rain forest cafe. Yes the girls loved it, but the food quality did not much the prices they were charging, but the atmosphere almost made up for it. Afterwards Ryan and I took the girls to see the Bellagio water show and garden. Las Vegas Strip is rather disgusting and I will never take my kids out at night again. There were times when Emma just had to close her eyes and hold Ryan's hand because the papers on the ground were so disgusting. I am so glad we did not stay on the strip or have much to do with it. I do have to say that the photo in the bottom right corner on this collage is not painted, it is made with fresh flowers, it was worth the visit.
We were supposed to go home on Friday but just couldn't bring ourselves to do it, so we extended for one more night and I'm so glad we did. The hotel has a great grilling area and we had the patio to ourselves as we enjoyed the yummiest BBQ dinner, definitely my high for the day.

Our last day we just vegged and hung out at the pool all day! We had left overs from the night before so we grilled up another BBQ spread for lunch and we all just relaxed and soaked up the sun. We truly had the best time as a family, and also loved getting to know the Wimmers, especially since we will be seeing a lot of them this summer :)



The next day after our trip Lydia slept until nearly 3:00 in the afternoon!! I guess all that sun and fun finally caught up with her. We went to my parents for a thai dinner that my very talented sister made and then enjoyed crepes and four square with the rest of my Utah family.
Ryan worked in the yard ALL day in the POURING rain. The girls and I stayed inside, nice and warm and enjoyed life as usual.
I took Ryan to the airport at 6 a.m. for him to start his summer sales job. I'll be joining him in a month. Until then, I will eat as much girl food and salads as I can before I have a man too cook for once again.
I sure do love my most recent purchase from Real Deals.
The girls and I sat on the front porch and snuggled up watching the thunderstorm. They were both a little nervous about it, especially when the thunder literally rattled the windows. But it's moments like these that are the highlight of my day.

7 comments:

amity said...

i love looking at your blog!! you are so cute and you do the most amazing things with your family and house. i really could use a few lessons from you. good luck while ryan is gone. i can somewhat relate, jared works nights and is going to school full time, so if you ever need an out; call me.

Cami said...

So glad you had a "round two" in Vegas! I am looking into going there as well to stay at this new hotspot! Love LOVE LOVe the blanket watching the thinderstorm, I just wish I wasn't such a chicken my kids would love that!

Annie said...

Fabulous recap Linny. Glad you enjoyed your first family vacation. Nothing beats being alone with just your children. Unless grandchildren are involved!

Lee said...

What a great vacation. I'm so glad you got to do that. I love Lydia's swim suit- was that Emma's or new for her? Those canvas pictures from Real Deals are awesome. I want some :)

Kylee said...

You look short (but very pretty) in that beautiful family picture by the pool. Is that because Emma is growing, or are you really shrinking? I love the shallow pool with the laying out chairs in the water! It looks so relaxing. Also, that salad you made looks amazing! I can never think of a good combo of toppings to add to my salad. I'm glad you had a fun round two!

tutus n bowties said...

I love Lydia's swimsuit! Oh fun you were able to take a family trip before Bundy takes off.

Jessica said...

I don't know how I didn't comment on this before. Must have been in a hurry. But I am so glad you guys had fun for the second time as well. I, too, love Lydia's swimsuit. And, the picture of you and Ryan reminds me of a picture of Ky and Brod where Brody has his arm on a rail, but you can't really see it so his arm looks kinda funny. haha I can't wait to see you this week, sad that it will probably be the last time for a while! :(