Sunday, July 17, 2011

Happy Birthday America



Every weekend we play games with 8 to 12 of us. We've had fun teaching everyone our favorite games and also learning some of theirs to take home and teach our family and friends.

The guys had to work all day on the fourth of July. We arranged a delicious breakfast for them before they went out and all shared our favorite aspects of living in America.
While the guys were gone we took the kids to a splash pad and let them buy a popsicle from the ice-cream truck....a perfect American activity.

The guys met us down town for Tulsa's fireworks display. It was nice to all meet up together and then we enjoyed motorcycle rides and Braum's ice-cream afterwards.


Emma gave an encore performance of reciting the Pre-Amble, this photo is of her new ending where she adds a very tender "Happy birthday America,"followed by a curtsy.

Britney and I have enjoyed taking advantage of the great sales and darling styles that Baby Gap always has to offer. Oh how I miss having one nearby.
I have been on the hunt to find something charming in Tulsa, and it truly is a difficult quest. Finally, after many outings, I did find this posh splash pad. The girls love it and I love being impressed by something charming for once since we've been out here.

I had a photo shoot to keep my skills up with these three darling little kids. They've become great friends of ours.

We decided to venture out to the zoo on what was supposed to be a cooler day, but the joke was on us, there is no such thing as a cooler day out here. Some of these photos may look like we are having a good time, but it's hard to enjoy yourself no matter the activity when the index is 112 WITH humidity.



As the wives we have a generous amount of time on our hands. Saturdays are especially long for us since the guys work 12 hours. I called a local nursing home and arranged for us to go down there and spend some time with their residents. It was a great experience for all of us and everyone really reached out and made a difference.

6 comments:

Annie said...

Sheesh. Bout time. Loved the recap. Fun to see all the smiles on you wives. Still looks fun to me, not gonna lie!

Kylee said...

That is so cool about the nursing home! I love that you guys did that. Your hair looks really cute all curly like that in the picture at the zoo. I'm not sure if that's before or after the bad haircut, but I sure think it's cute! All the wives activities look really fun, and to be honest, I'm kinda sad to be missing out.

Jord said...

It looks like you had a great 4th, and what a good idea of you to visit a rest home. I'm sure that made the residents day.

Jessica said...

That is so sweet that you went to the nursing home. I will say that sometimes it is fun to be a wife out here when you get to do fun activities like that. We recently went to the zoo too! And lucky that you have a fun splash park close by. We've looked some up here but they are all pretty ghetto. That little girl in a few of the pictures (I'm assuming it's Brittany's?) looks a lot like one of the little girls out here. I'm glad you are having fun and that you had a fun 4th of July.

Holls said...

I love that nursing home idea! What a great thought and good experience for the kids. We miss you guys!

Lee said...

I agree with Annie- it's about time for an update. It was worth the wait. Great photos and activities. I'm glad you're finding great things to keep you busy. More than anything I would have loved to have been there for Emma's preamble performance. It's one of my favorite things of all time! You should have had her do that at the nursing home. And sing some songs.