Sunday, July 3, 2011

My baby is Two!

Lydia got herself locked inside the shower. Bless her heart, but she couldn't figure out that she needed to push on the handle and not pull. Emma and I got a good laugh out of her little learning experience.

Taking some of the kids to explore a local park. It is so bloody hot outside that we don't even care when the kids submerge themselves in the sprinklers and water faucets.

These are long, hot, summer days. We try to stay as wet as possible to get us through.

We had a fabulous girls lunch at cheesecake factory. We learned to go BEFORE the guys go knock doors so they can stay with the kids. The Luau Salad is pictured below this one, it is my most favorite salad there ever was.

Keeping cool at the play area at the mall.

The bath tub really is like a swimming pool for the girls.

We celebrated Lydia's second birthday today. She is so sweet and gentle and our family just wouldn't be the same without her.


To celebrate her birthday we let her ride the carousel at the mall....


...and also go to the car wash, her other favorite activity.


I hopped on the latest trend and put glitter tattoos on the girls to celebrate Lydia's birthday.

We had a BBQ at the pool with all of our friends

It wouldn't be complete without rough housing from the guys

The one request of the day was that Brewster (Merril's dog) come to Lydia's party. She was thrilled to see him!


We've got a great group of friends out here who have been so good to treat our girls like family. It was nice to have so many people to celebrate Lydia's birthday.
We ended the night by opening her presents at home. It was a great day as a family and I'm glad it was so busy and fun so I didn't notice the ache in my heart that my baby is now a toddler.

Mondays is .75 movie day. I took the kids to see Hoodwinked 2 (worth .75 cents but that's all) then later that night a group of us went to see Soul Surfer, I highly recommend.

I love nothing more than having the whole pool to ourselves. Doesn't happen too often, but sure is nice when it does.

Vivint takes us out to eat a lot. Our group is always the first to arrive and the last to leave. It's like we can't get enough of each other.

If the girls have been really good I let them stay up until Ryan gets home and then go for a dip with him in the pool. It makes their day.

Lydia got herself locked in her bedroom and there weren't any door keys to be found. She had to wait until her scrappy dad got home to get her out. We slid her Nilla wafers under the door to keep her content.

Saturday night was a treat for many reasons. One was that Misty and Bill had our girls over for a "late night" with a movie and treat while we joined the rest of our group for dinner at Flemmings. For 13 of us to eat the bill came to over $1000!!! Yikes!! This is the perk from being on a very large and successful team, can't hate that.

The steak and sea food was truly the best I've had. The bread, spread, and salad were also on a whole other level. It was midnight before we left there, but it was a great way to end a long week.

9 comments:

Lee said...

Your hair looks so much longer than when you left! Are you thinking that too? Are you on your way to growing it out, or will you cut it again? I can't decide which picture of Lydia you were talking about that makes her look so old. . . they all do, but esp the one w/ her crown on looking at her BD cake, and the one of her in that tunnel. Funny about her locking herself in two different places! Sad! How long did you have to wait for Bundy to get home? I'm so glad you like all the other employees and wives so much. And yes, 2nd row for Wicked! Woo hoo! Let me know ASAP how many of your friends want tickets.

Heather C Taylor said...

Okay so first of all I was laughing so hard at both times Lidia locked herself in the shower and her room. I love that you took photos! It really was so cute! Also I had no idea you were out working with some people we know! Jordan Woods is one of Brad's friends growing up! Also we were married on the same day as the Merrills! (She and I went through the same endowment session for the first time too!) I think there were others too but I can't remember names. Ha ha. It looks like you are having a fabulous time out there! :)

Annie said...

I thought what Lee did, that your hair is getting LONG. Still cute. And Lydia. Yes, she looks so old. No longer a little baby. So different than when you left, but I know that isn't really possible. But I miss her and Em so much and can't wait till you come home. But in the meantime, glad you are having such fun.

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness.. can I have Lydia? She seriously is so freaking cute and I miss her tons! I can't believe she is already two! Looks like she had a fabulous birthday. That is sad (and kinda funny) that she locked herself in the shower and bedroom. You're guys place looks awesome! That bathtub looks amazing.

Valerie: said...

ha!! LOve how she kept getting locked in things...not so funny for her I am sure!!! That salad does look good. i will have to try it when I go to cheese cake factory..there is one close by at the washington square mall!!

Holls said...

I love that you just kept sliding the nilla wafers under the door and it kept Lydia content. What a good girl! I'm glad there's lots of water to keep you guys cool in that hot weather, sounds like fun! ps. i love that picture of Lydia locked in the shower.

Jord said...

It looks like such a fun play time out there! I'm glad Lydia had such a fun celebration and can't believe she is 2.

Jamie Jo said...

That first pic of her in the shower is so funny. Sad to get locked in the bedroom, too. But funny. Do you remember when Josh locked he, Rachel, and I in a their room in WA, and we had to wait hours for Dufus to get home from work, and I peed in a wet wipe box? Good times. I can't believe she is 2 either. At least you have a chance of another baby someday. I'm all done, and I'm not happy about it. I'm baby hungry! Her birthday sounded wonderful. Looks like you are having a great time down there. If you're not, you are doing a fantastic job at suggesting otherwise.

Jackie Greenwood said...

Oh my word, I can't believe Lydia is already 2!!! Looks like you guys are having loads of fun. Can't wait to hang out when you get back!