Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Officially 30

Ryan turned 30!! That means we are both officially in our 30's. I don't know why, but his birthday hit me harder than my own 30th birthday did. I'm older than Ryan, so now that he is 30, that means I am most definitely 30. Sounds silly, and doesn't make much sense, but it is truly what I felt. We celebrated Sunday with an authentic carne asada dinner made for the whole group by a Mexican friend out here. It was soooo yummy and delicious. I had a game for who is the most like Ryan, and Taisha and Bill won. Then on Monday, his actual birthday, Britney stayed with the girls while we went out on a date. It was a mellow birthday, but that's just how Ryan likes them. I'm so thankful for this summer I've had to spend with him and see him in a whole new light. I wouldn't trade him for anything and am so thankful I can call him mine.Nothing too exciting, but just another day at the splash pad, trying to mix things up a bit.
We had a girls brunch down by the pool while the guys were gone. We've all become so close. Seeing friends every single day can be so fun.
For the last month I have been applying this treatment to my warts. Yes, I have warts. There, I said it. But guess what? It didn't even work! Now all I have is a month of pain and discomfort and I'm left with a scar and my warts are still there!
Can you believe that there are no play places around here? McDonald's on every corner, but no play place?! So we finally ventured inside of Chic-Fil-A. I've never even eaten there but decided the girls needed to play, and it's too blazing hot outside to go to the park. Turns out that Chic-Fil-A lives up to the hype.

This summer Lydia made her first real friend in Sailor. Lydia hasn't had the opportunities that Emma has when she was young. Finally, two years later, Lydia has a real live friend.

We were all invited over to say good bye to the Bonillas as they headed back home. We had home made ice cream and the best lemon cupcakes. It was kind of crazy having 18 of us in one apartment, but the yummy dessert made up for the chaos.

4 comments:

Annie said...

I want to come right through the screen and pinch those cute butt cheeks. How darling L looks with her girlfriend!

The Call Family said...

What! I can not believe what I just read ! Your first time to chick-fil-A ?!!! I heard they opened one up in Logan!! It has been apart my growing up experience when we would stop at the mall in SLC just to eat there!! And now they have them on every corner down here! We Love goin to Family Night there...they treat ya well! Anyways, I hope to see more posts about going to chick-fil-A!!:):):) And Happy B-day Ryan!

amity said...

okay so i totally cannot believe that you have never, ever been to chick-fil-a!!! it is by far one of my favorites!! claudy and i went to the grand opening of the one in riverdale a couple of years ago and won a years worth of free meals!! it was awesome!! it is fun to stay in touch with you and your adorable family through your blog. happy birthday ryan!!

Parry Family said...

I love your blog. Looks like you guys are having a great summer. I totally have done the same thing with warts, I have the scars to prove it!