Friday, August 5, 2011

Do you believe in magic?


Getting a "special drink" is a frequent event for us. There is a local snow cone shop that always hits the spot. It's no Bahama Bucks, but it'll do.

The apartments have a movie theater room where we usually gather with the other kids and wives here. It's the only place where I can get my blogging done by use of their wi-fi.

Tulsa has very little to offer in way of charm and appeal. This is the ONLY activity in Tulsa that I will actually miss. We try to visit this specific splash pad once a week or so. It's very unique and keeps the kids entertained for quite some time.

Our friends the Merrills taught us how to make home made sushi. It was crazy yummy and I can't wait to make it at home with my family.
Justify Full
Emma loves her bedroom here. It's covered in her coloring book pages and I actually let her jump on the bed.

Bundy has a dog crush on the Merrill's dog, Brewster. I think he would actually get a dog if I would allow it...but I won't ;)

We had the BEST family day at the lake. The water was refreshing and as we got away from the black top and the asphalt shingles, there wasn't anything for the heat to radiate off of and we found the evening to be pleasant...for the first time this summer. The day was capped off by having the yummiest foil dinners.




I have never seen Emma as delighted and thrilled as when I watched her believing in the magic that this magician was producing. It was a great free summer event.

5 comments:

Kylee said...

That splash pad looks so fun, I think I would even enjoy playing on it! Your day and the lake pictures are really cute, and I'm glad you were able to escape the heat. I'm laughing about the magic show just picturing Emma freaking out at everything! I bet it was hilarious! I sure can't wait to see you guys!

Annie said...

This is Sara: I haven't looked at your blog for awhile, so after re-capping your last month, it is very obvious that all your friends there would have had the most BORING summer without you there!! This has probabaly been the funnest time of their lives because of all the fun stuff you have planned. Dad's blood runs thick through you, you are so lucky!!! Miss you, come home soon!!

Lee said...

I'm so excited to see you guys in a week! It seems like you've been gone longer than 3 months! Lydia seems like she's aged about 2 years!

Jessica said...

That splash pad IS awesome. I bet you'll miss that. Emma looks so old in some of those pictures. Tell her to stop growing. And Lydia too. That looks like you had a fun day at the lake. I wish there was one here that we could go to. I love the little naked bum pictures of Lydia.

Natalie said...

Looks like you guys are having a blast! Your girls are getting so big, but are super cute (as always). And, small world, we actually know the merrills.... Well, at least we know Kamarie. Casey and I went to high school with her. I love checking your blog to see all of the fun things you are up to. You're such a great mom!!!